real time web analytics
Report - - Rooftops of The Grand Hotel and Hilton Hotel ,Brighton 19/10/09 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Rooftops of The Grand Hotel and Hilton Hotel ,Brighton 19/10/09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MOFO

Don't Worry Be Happy
28DL Full Member
Welcome to The Grand​
This is a truly remarkable hotel. An iconic Victorian building, it stands centre stage on the vibrant Brighton seafront and is a local landmark. Magnificent, imposing and the epitome of luxury. This is The Grand, Brighton.

The Grand Hotel is a Victorian hotel in Brighton on the south coast of England. It is located on Kings Road, the main carriageway along the seafront; one of several major hotels along this road. Following the fashion to include a hotel's parent company in its name, it is also
known as the De Vere Grand, but is more colloquially known by locals as simply The Grand. It was awarded 5 star status in 1988, but has recently gone out of ratings due to lack of investment The hotel was designed by architect John Whichcord, and built in 1864 on the site occupied previously by a battery house. It
was originally built for members of the upper classes visiting Brighton and remains one of the most expensive hotels in the town. Amongst its advance engineering features at the time was the "Vertical Omnibus", a hydraulically powered lift operated thanks to "Monster cisterns" in the roof. This was the first lift built in the UK outside London where only two others had been installed.The hotel was bombed by the Provisional Irish Republican Army (IRA) on the early
morning of October 12, 1984, in an attempt to assassinate the then Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher during the Conservative Party conference. The Bomb exploded at 2.51am 12 October. It had been hidden three weeks earlier behind the bath panel of room 629 (currently 621). Thatcher survived the bombing, but five other people died in the attack.

visted with dread fish and me
Not alot to say really iv wantd to go up both the grand and the hilton rooftops for about 2years now, With the hotel staff wideing down after the Labor conference i had to make a move to do the roof and today just seemd to be a lucky day. After we where down we fort we would give the hilton hotel next door a go and what can i say i really was a lucky day .

The Grand Hotel

DSC00198copy.jpg

DSC00185copy.jpg

DSC00180.jpg

The Hilton Hotel

DSC00189copy-1.jpg

DSC00182.jpg

Thanks for looking​

P.S nice to meet you dread fish

Last edited: