real time web analytics
Report (Permission Visit) - Hippodrome, Manchester | Theatres and Cinemas | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report (Permission Visit) Hippodrome, Manchester

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Kei-J

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
20171209_151839.jpg
20171209_151845.jpg
20171209_153832.jpg
20171209_154132.jpg
20171209_154139.jpg
20171209_154144.jpg
20171209_154229.jpg
20171209_154239.jpg
20171209_154258.jpg
20171209_154354.jpg
20171209_154359.jpg
20171209_154826.jpg
20171209_155405.jpg
20171209_155411.jpg
20171209_155421.jpg
20171209_155502.jpg
20171209_160115.jpg
20171209_160547.jpg
20171209_160551.jpg
20171209_160629.jpg
20171209_161012.jpg
20171209_161628.jpg
20171209_161637.jpg
20171209_161702.jpg
20171209_161706.jpg
20171209_161725.jpg
20171209_162022.jpg
20171209_162140.jpg
20171209_151839.jpg
20171209_151839.jpg
20171209_151845.jpg
This is my first attempt at doing a report!So if it looks crap then please help me out with pointers. I was not going to post a report on here as there are so many very talented explorers, Ii didnt think my reports would match up to them! Having a chat with Six, on here. Shesaid to not worry about how it looks as its more of the effort put into it rather than not bothering. Also its a good idea as it might be a good read to other new members and also an update to the location too.

This was my 1st trip to a theatre, I cant say abandoned as it clearly isn't now! 1st impressions of the place from the outside, it doesn't look like a theatre at all! It is now an oddley place building. It looks reasonably secure around the exterior. Now for any people who want to go see this wonderful place, you can turn up and find the door to the side of the building and knock!! There was also a bell to ring too. As we went through the door I was met by a rally nice guy called Ian. He welcomed Myself and friend Danny in. After a very pleasnt introduction, Ian pointed out where to start and where not to go. When i say where not to go, it's not that it's off limits to anyone it's more that people now live in here and call this there home. So it's there little bit of privercy!!

The ppeople who are living in here have managed to decerate the place well. It's now ful of happy people!
It's so nice to see that this wonderful building has been brought back to life! There is plenty of history out there on this place so I don't need to go into detail about this! As it stands the guy who owns this place has been convicted for baby snatching and a few other heinous acts! He has been extradited and no longer has his assets in the UK!

Back to our tour, when we went through the doors into the theatre the only way to describe it is breathtaking! I was very pleasntly surprised to the condition of this place! It was odd to se that it was used as a church meeting place! It is full of books and info sheets! I am not kidding, there are boxes and boxes stact all over random parts of the place!

While Danny and I was looking around there was a team of videographers and a band shooting a music video here! When they was recording the bands video it was loud, and the bands music was carried through pretty much every part of this place. Now, in the basement we went a little deeper and come to a random wall that had a hole large enough for us to climb through. After venturing through the hole in the wall we noticed how very still and silent it was! There was no sound from the band! It was completely dark inside! It was cold and damp! The only noise we could hear was a hiss that sounded every so offten! I put this hiss down to a water pipe with air in it! We turned off our touches and swithched to night vision to see if there was anything we could find! The only thnig we found was continued tunnels and random doorways. There are random bricked up walls with recited doorways! There was also some very old urinals and toilets! I was guessing that we was under the main stage as we found wooden stairs that went up to a trap door that was sealed shut! There was about 5 of them that stretched along the basement! The further we went the stranger we felt! The feeling was like a presure building up. It gave me a headache. Now I know that there will be someone who can tell me that this is normal for going under ground etc, but this was my 1st experiance of it! Considering we thought we was under the stage we couldnt hear a thing it was silent! It also had a foul smell. Damp and mold covered parts of this basement.
So if any others go down into the basement either take an extra touch with you or spare batteries and most importantly a pack of headche tablets! The feeling was similar to needing to equlise like you do when you are scuba diving. But it was awsome to see all of this
Well after our explore of the basement we worked our way up to the top of the place. The detail that had gone into the decoration of the theatre was still very grand! So many small wall carvings and decoration!
It is such a shame that places this grand fall into decay! The upper floors wasnt as fun as the basement. There was plenty more boxes full of more god loves you books! Other than the many books of the church there was nothing here that said to me it was used as a church! As you can imagine there was lots of mess on the upper floors as these was made into the residents sleeping quaters! It was really interesting to see that they had made thee own warm den to relax in! I walked in on afew of the residents area as you would never have guessed they are there! I appoligised and the pleasnt youg lady apeeared to show us how to reach the top area of the place! We had been warned that the floor isn't very safe! We went on with extra care! There was more toilets and a bar area! One thing that stands out that i thought was awful was a bottle that was full of hundreds of dead flys in brown water! It was rank! We also found at the very top a sadly faild attempt at a pot plant!
Well after this we traveled back down towards the exit. We thanked Ian for the hospitality. You really can see the hard work that has gone into making this place a home!
I hope you enjyed the report and the pictures i have put up with the report.

Last edited:

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
@Six has already asked you to add the images and kindly remove the ghostie stuff

If you’re having difficulty get in touch

Kei-J

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
@Six has already asked you to add the images and kindly remove the ghostie stuff

If you’re having difficulty get in touch

I'm having difficulty! The pictures are there on the front of myprofile where the report is but not in the report itself. Sorry for the 1st report not going to plan. I'll try remove the ghost bits and find the images too. The ghost bits i mentioned was not ment to come off as spooky but just that it was very still and quiet down there

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
It needs an edit, I’ll sort it for you after if you don’t get chance

Kei-J

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ojay, I've managed to edit the report and i think ive managed to add the pictures too. Can you check ffor me if you can! Cheers man

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Interesting to see someone has had one of those mirrors away, well unfortunately it’s worthless as the Beatles never played at the Hippodrome, they actually appeared at the Playhouse next door ;)

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Its good that you bothered to share. Too many newbies are afraid their reports, photos wont live up to others. I took advise from a few people on here, that this is not a photography forum, but an exploring forum. The explore & report is the topic. The willingness to share, be part of the community, that is what its all about. Gaining experience, trust, respect, getting out there and doing it. It will make you want to improve your photos, I did me. lol. Still not figured out how to get best results myself yet.

So well done. Maybe a few newbies will follow suit and get their reports up. As Six says, never any harm in posting places that have been covered, it gives us a feel of how the place is in what month and year. Btw which are missing from your title.

Big Kudo from me, I like these kinds of places, such lovely ornate carvings. Keep going :D:D and btw the report is pretty good

Kei-J

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yup, there was a mirror missing! It was so good seeing it all, it was as if you could stand there an imagine what it must have been like just before stage appearance! Thank you to those who took the time to read my report and for the comments! I really appreciate it all.

Kei-J

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Its good that you bothered to share. Too many newbies are afraid their reports, photos wont live up to others. I took advise from a few people on here, that this is not a photography forum, but an exploring forum. The explore & report is the topic. The willingness to share, be part of the community, that is what its all about. Gaining experience, trust, respect, getting out there and doing it. It will make you want to improve your photos, I did me. lol. Still not figured out how to get best results myself yet.

So well done. Maybe a few newbies will follow suit and get their reports up. As Six says, never any harm in posting places that have been covered, it gives us a feel of how the place is in what month and year. Btw which are missing from your title.

Big Kudo from me, I like these kinds of places, such lovely ornate carvings. Keep going :D:D and btw the report is pretty good
Thanks for checking it out! It is the 1st of many to come!

urbanchemist

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Thank you to those who took the time to read my report and for the comments! I really appreciate it all.

Since you seem to have asked me to comment on this in other threads: pics are nice - maybe prepare your text in a separate doc, use a spell checker, and curb those exclamation marks (!). Oh, and don't mention the G word, ever.
Now go out and find some new stuff.

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nice work, thanks for posting. Perhaps try the Crown Theatre in Eccles for your next explore if you like theatres.

And remember, there is no such thing as ghosts!

Kei-J

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks Urban Chemist. Much appreciate you taking a look. And pointing out my spelling mistakes. It was just a test lo. I will type things out in word and import it here. Hope all is well with you. dweed, thanks to you too. Yeah I've been told about the G word here. Lots of people don't like the talk of the subject.I will do another report today,