real time web analytics
Report - - Holborn Union, Archway London - Jan 2023 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Holborn Union, Archway London - Jan 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Els

Obsessed with BS7671
Regular User
So my first report in 5 years. Visited with that living legend @Landie_Man and a non-member. A lot of the place gets a it samey after a while as it looks like it was extensively developed in the late 90's or early 00's so mostly empty offices and lecture theatres. However it's still possible to still get the occasional glimpse of it's Victorian magnificence if you peep behind the curtains. It reminded me a lot of the The London Temperance Hospital which I believe has now gone. What it does having going for it is that it's HUGE, so lots of quality wandering time. We found a couple of new things so I've tried to not repeat previous pictures but that kind of limits the total amount worth posting.

2.jpg

Reception.

1.jpg

Just behind reception, the sort of main distribution point for the hospital.

3.jpg

The 180 degrees about turn and these stairs lead to the wards each side of the building, left and right.

4.jpg

And the view looking back down the stairs. Someone had logged one out next to the bucket so be careful out there or you will be leaving more than just footsteps behind.

5.jpg

We found a ward in the hospital, but it was only there for teaching purposes.

6.jpg

We headed up up the water tower. It was split into three levels, this was the 2nd level.

7.jpg

This is the highest level showing the wood work making up the slated roof. The "balcony" appears to be inaccessible with out a ladder.

8.jpg

This looked like catering from years and years ago. Derp city.

9.jpg

Library. Some quite nice renovation work done here and it is clear to see how an original ward might have looked. Lots of light and open spaces with cast iron columns with tasteful bracketed finial work.

10.jpg

Round the front I guess must have been the admin block where a fair amount of Victoriana remains. Well, if someone hadn't ripped out the fireplace.

11.jpg

Some quite nice 50's revival.

Anyway, that's it. On the way out we met a right weirdo security guy (with a golf club) so we spent 10 minutes each telling each other to fuck off. Some things never change.

Exploring With Pride 🌈

Exploring with pride in more ways than one
28DL Full Member
So my first report in 5 years. Visited with that living legend @Landie_Man and a non-member. A lot of the place gets a it samey after a while as it looks like it was extensively developed in the late 90's or early 00's so mostly empty offices and lecture theatres. However it's still possible to still get the occasional glimpse of it's Victorian magnificence if you peep behind the curtains. It reminded me a lot of the The London Temperance Hospital which I believe has now gone. What it does having going for it is that it's HUGE, so lots of quality wandering time. We found a couple of new things so I've tried to not repeat previous pictures but that kind of limits the total amount worth posting.

2.jpg

Reception.

1.jpg

3.jpg

The 180 degrees about turn and these stairs lead to the wards each side of the building, left and right.

4.jpg

And the view looking back down the stairs. Someone had logged one out next to the bucket so be careful out there or you will be leaving more than just footsteps behind.

5.jpg

6.jpg

We headed up up the water tower. It was split into three levels, this was the 2nd level.

7.jpg

This is the highest level showing the wood work making up the slated roof. The "balcony" appears to be inaccessible with out a ladder.

8.jpg

9.jpg

Library. Some quite nice renovation work done here and it is clear to see how an original ward might have looked. Lots of light and open spaces with cast iron columns with tasteful bracketed finial work.

10.jpg

Round the front I guess must have been the admin block where a fair amount of Victoriana remains. Well, if someone hadn't ripped out the fireplace.

11.jpg

Anyway, that's it. On the way out we met a right weirdo security guy (with a golf club) so we spent 10 minutes each telling each other to fuck off. Some things never change.
Did that recently myself was almost mobbed by pigeons up the tower

Reactions: Els

Exploring With Pride 🌈

28DL Full Member
I saw your flag at the back by reception with the hashtag on (I think you must have gone just after me, I went Mid December), very near to Where the pile of poo is on the floor! So if you return beware of what someone has left there ha.
I saw the poo kinda ruined the shots as we didn't wanna move the bucket

Exploring With Pride 🌈

28DL Full Member
I saw your flag at the back by reception with the hashtag on (I think you must have gone just after me, I went Mid December), very near to Where the pile of poo is on the floor! So if you return beware of what someone has left there ha.
I put one up in tower to wouldn't surprise me if both are gone now most disappear fairly quickly lol but then again i put em up knowing they can easily be removed without damaging or leaving any marks

Exploring With Pride 🌈

28DL Full Member
It wasn’t there when I first went. Defo tactical to ruin peoples shots from someone in my opinion.
Deffo even if ya desperate there are a million places u can go my partner was feeling ill when we did it but he at least had the decency to use a toilet even if theres no running water

LaSmilla

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello , Could I ask about security level ? I went one week ago to check from outside ...access seems easy ,however I was wondering why elettricity is on in all buildings..Did you find security in?
Thank yoy

Exploring With Pride 🌈

28DL Full Member
Hello , Could I ask about security level ? I went one week ago to check from outside ...access seems easy ,however I was wondering why elettricity is on in all buildings..Did you find security in?
Thank yoy
Think there is secca but not very good when i did it we didn't see anyone just acar parked but they could of been from the place next door

RXQueen

T-Rex Urbex
28DL Full Member

2.jpg

Reception.

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Wonder if it was the secca who filmed our arses, I ended our conversation by calling him a nonce

Who has read this thread (Total: 419) View details