Web
Analytics
Report - - Holme Bank Mine, Derbyshire - Jan '09 | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Holme Bank Mine, Derbyshire - Jan '09

Raptor Jesus

GDMEODC
28DL Full Member
There has been quite the cavalcade of reports on this place recently, but as I'd never been before and I don't seem to post much, I thought I'd put this up.

Won't cover history here, as I'm sure you're all sick of it :cool:

Visited with Diehardlove, RAF-N and J4M35_UK, thanks guys for a top day out, and thanks Diehardlove for the lending of the torch, much appreciated :thumb

On with the pics!

Couple of exteriors to start the 'splore off:

DSCF6455.jpg

DSCF6461.jpg

DSCF6462.jpg

After a short mooch around the exterior workings, (which are great) we headed on in.

Ice stalagmites! Seriously cool:

DSCF6467.jpg

Fork in the road:

DSCF6475.jpg

The old wooden supports still in place:

DSCF6468.jpg

One of the lakes:

DSCF6478.jpg

Old equipment, possibly my favourite shot of the day:

DSCF6482.jpg

Railway tracks and sleepers still in situ.

DSCF6484.jpg

More ice formations, this stuff was beautiful:

DSCF6487.jpg

A nice winch that still turns:

DSCF6485.jpg

All in all, this mine has character in shedloads, and in-situ equipment in similar amounts. Great little explore to while away a few hours underground. Thanks again to the guys for showing me round :thumb

Cheers for looking!

Shadow

GDMEODC
28DL Full Member
LOL you?! An actual report?? :eek: you feeling ok?

That last pic is stunning mate :thumb