real time web analytics
Hull Co-Op Jameson st anyone? | General Exploring Chat Forum | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Hull Co-Op Jameson st anyone?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

catbalou

off the wall
Regular User
of course i can see your pictures... as a matter of fact look closer at the first photo you posted... without going into great detail on a public forum, its not rocket science as to how to get in.

Reactions: Sed

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Can you not see the pictures buddy? It's enclosed which leads me to thinking asbestos is present.

If asbestos is undisturbed and intact it is completely fine. There is so much scaremongering around about asbestos nowadays, people think if you so much as look at it you will instantly die of mesothelioma.

Just don't rip a panel of it off and start eating it ferchrissakes.

catbalou

off the wall
Regular User
If asbestos is undisturbed and intact it is completely fine. There is so much scaremongering around about asbestos nowadays, people think if you so much as look at it you will instantly die of mesothelioma.

Exactly. as long as your not running around like an idiot disturbing it, you shouldnt have much of a problem... You can get ill from breathing in pigeon faeces, twist an ankle falling through a dodgy floor, but it doesnt stop us from exploring pigeon-infested death-trap derps. TBH, @Kraxous, if you are so concerned about it, or concerned about climbing onto hoardings then why choose exploring as a hobby?

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Exactly. as long as your not running around like an idiot disturbing it, you shouldnt have much of a problem... You can get ill from breathing in pigeon faeces, twist an ankle falling through a dodgy floor, but it doesnt stop us from exploring pigeon-infested death-trap derps. TBH, @Kraxous, if you are so concerned about it, or concerned about climbing onto hoardings then why choose exploring as a hobby?

People doing what we are doing should be far more concerned about the presence of pigeon shit and mould in places than the possibility that some of the walls might contain asbestos.

Guano and mould can seriously screw you up very quickly.

catbalou

off the wall
Regular User
You have to remember aswell that the co-op centre in Hull is actually smack bang in the middle of town centre which makes going in awkward as it is. Best time would probably be... Now, really. Anytime after about 2100 onwards I imagine or super early hours.

Been in this game for 20 years mate, plenty of buildings are smack bang in middle of city centres, it just takes a little 'thinking outside the box' as to access... Its a poxy stripped building anyway and the only positives will be when demo gets underway and the mosaic becomes available.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Didn't get notifications apparently :banghead

Anyway, while I agree with the whole scaremongering and the like I've done a fair bit on asbestos awareness, signs to look out for and where it can be present in addition to the 5/6 types you can get. I'd just rather not take that risk chaps, that's all. I'll do some digging and if they're not touching the asbestos then I'll see about going in.

If it's still undisturbed and in situ it's fine.

If it's currently being removed then all the safeguards are in place for the workers removing it and the areas they are focusing on will be clearly marked and sealed off so its fine.

If you are too worried about asbestos being present this really isn't the hobby for you as you won't be getting into many buildings!

Reactions: jST

5587mikem

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There was a side door on Bond St which is now covered by a big slab of wood and painted, so proberbly there

bikerboydoy

28DL Member
28DL Member
Unless you have Asbestos PPE I'd recommend not doing it. It's due to come down in the next few months.

I monitor the building every day so it would be unwise to go in ill prepared.

Coming down in few months as in the building? I thought it was a listed building?