real time web analytics
Report - - Hutton Middle School, Eccleshill May 2015 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hutton Middle School, Eccleshill May 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Squirrell 911

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Frontage.
DSC_3162.jpg

I have had my eye on this place ever since it closed as a Fitness First back in 2011 but as per usual the pikies got well in before me and trashed the place. It was a nice mooch round but unfortunatly there wasn't much to really see. Now this place was a school up until 2000 and was also the school of David Hockney then it closed. Not long after Fitness First bought it and converted it into a gym.
History is very thin on the ground on the place but there is a campaign to save the building from been torn down and area developed for housing.

Anyhow, less rambling more piccys.....

DSC_3161.jpg

The place is stripped and by the looks of it the gym chain just scooped all the insides out and built their run of the mill standard gym which made it fairly easy for the pikies to rape the place bare.

DSC_3130-001.jpg

DSC_3139-001.jpg

DSC_3129-001.jpg

Now there was stories of when it was a school that there was an air raid shelter built under the place so I had a poke around and certainally found something better than the dross that was topside.

DSC_3147-001.jpg

DSC_3152-002.jpg

DSC_3145-002.jpg

DSC_3151.jpg

Along with a nice ole slab of dry rot.

DSC_3148-001.jpg

I did find what looked to be the way into the shelter but this has been blocked up and backfilled with rubble as it went towards the gym car park.

Worth a look round but only if your passing.

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details