real time web analytics
Report - - Hyde Falls - Feb 13 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hyde Falls - Feb 13

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Stopford_lad

foul-mouthed oaf
28DL Full Member
Hyde Falls and Wilson Brook

This place seems to be getting a lot of love of late...I was originally meant to meet up with Tom Sherman and Viraleye, but work commitments once again put pay to the fun, although It was Tom who eventually showed me what all the fuss was about.

It's not the biggest of culverts, but what it lacks in size, it more than makes up for in being awesome :thumb

After a quick jump over a wall, dropping all my gear in the process, and a stumble down the riverbank, We were met with the first section

hyde1_zps8c485cff.jpg

The water is about welly height at this point with the odd deeper pool thrown in for a laugh

hyde2_zpsd80bc2c7.jpg

hyde3_zps5ea1b328.jpg

It was at this point I suffered a major wader failure so back the start for a Ray Mears moment of improvisation :thumb

P1030275_zpsa7d39c4c.jpg

We waded further upstream picking our way through the contents of peoples backyards and bins, and onto the outfall

hyde4_zps4c267ff0.jpg

The power of the water from the sump, and the deafening roar of the falls in the distance was something else

hyde5_zpsd6834925.jpg

Time for a group shot

hyde6_zps796278a2.jpg

hyde7_zpsdaf92ef1.jpg

hyde8_zps087241cb.jpg

With no way over the falls other than retrieving the ladders we passed downstream, it was back out and up the bank

hyde9_zps70a37b9c.jpg

To get to the this..the right passage is really low and populated by evil looking arachnids and leads to the smaller fall
whilst the left passage takes you to the top of the larger fall

hyde10_zps9098279d.jpg

There's also a large access ladder leading up to a manhole

hyde12_zpsa47d5f68.jpg

hyde13_zps4d34361f.jpg

We headed further upstream past the building site, but by now the waders were taking on water and the camera was dead..so time to gtfo :thumb

Cheers for looking, do come again soon

Who has read this thread (Total: 6) View details