real time web analytics
Question - - Industrial sites | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Industrial sites

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

keat_expo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hiya I study art and at the moment I'm doing a project on machinery focusing on old, rusting industrial things. Anyone who's into going to the industrial sites could you please help me out by explaining what you like about this sort of thing. Of course I do have my own views on this but I am running out of things to say haha. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Tar :rolleyes:

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
For me........We live in a Modern World where Old Rusting machinery etc does not normally play a major part anymore, so anytime you come across it you"re gonna get a buzz & normally if it"s still standing it"s because it"s bloody impressive & was too much trouble to shift.

Personally i progressed from working on Armoured vehicles through to heavy plant machinery (Crawler Cranes/Draglines and the like) into the Marine side of things & the more normal engineering machinery side of things .....all mostly gone now in my Company :( but basically it"s been my working life & it"s Boy"s Toys for me :thumb

Now if i"d feel the same if i"d spent my life in a different environment..:confused:

The Amateur Wanderer

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I'm just fascinated by anything that's British and pre 1970 to be honest and I actively seek this stuff out, both in operational and abandoned states. There's something about old British kit that gets my blood pumping, and it could be absolutely anything from a tiny English Electric fusebox to an Avro Vulcan... Kinda why I don't get off on the Euro derps, I just can't relate to them in the same way.

Maybe I could get away with Germany, they have some fantastic kit, Maybach and Daimler Benz...

Anyway, I'm ranting again - short answer I guess would be local interest and history :thumb

Snake Oil

go in drains
28DL Full Member
Its all big. Something using todays technology may be small enough to fit in your pocket and look a bit plastic-y and shit. Old stuff doing the same job would be huge, properly engineered, ornate, etc etc.

Mad Manx

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Canvey Occidental Oil Refinery. Its now some kind of park, but among the wilderness you can find some machinery, an MTB shipwreck and a £10m, 1-mile long oil jetty. go check it out

keat_expo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Canvey Occidental Oil Refinery. Its now some kind of park, but among the wilderness you can find some machinery, an MTB shipwreck and a £10m, 1-mile long oil jetty. go check it out
Bit far from me, I'm in North west. Looks interesting though thanks :rolleyes:

Shaun

28DL Regular User
28DL Full Member
Hiya I study art and at the moment I'm doing a project on machinery focusing on old, rusting industrial things. Anyone who's into going to the industrial sites could you please help me out by explaining what you like about this sort of thing. Of course I do have my own views on this but I am running out of things to say haha. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Tar :rolleyes:
Abit late but i recomend dinorwic/dinorwig quarry northwales closed 1969 only weather has touched ot