real time web analytics
Report - - Inverkip Power Station | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Inverkip Power Station

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

B

Broche

Hi, my first proper thread on the forums here so I thought I should report on the Inverkip Power Station.Apparently the only oil power station in Scotland or Britain (I really can't remember). I live about 5 minutes walk from it so it's only reasonable I'd have to explore it.

I've been inside a few times, but never up the chimney, which is the most noticeable feature. So yesterday, I went away up with my brother and his friend. It's a huge trek, 1100 stairs if I counted properly, not counting the ladders at the top or where we had to climb over the railing due to insulation falling off one of the chimneys, but it's well worth it. The view from the top is spectacular, you can see right up the Clyde. Didn't get too many pictures on the way up because it's pitch dark in there, but the ones from the top are amasing.

The chimney from ground level.
ikea007.jpg

ikea021.jpg

The main building
ikea023.jpg

On the eleventh floor we found a desk with a transmitter on it. Quite strange, but at least it let us know we weren't caught in a loop:D

ikea028.jpg

ikea029.jpg

From the top you can see the whole firth of the clyde, apologies for poor quality in some pics.
ikea030.jpg

Inverkip village
ikea031.jpg

Straight down
ikea032.jpg

Better view of Inverkip, also has railway tunnels
ikea033.jpg

Electric place with huts, been in there too
ikea034.jpg

It's gorgeous
ikea035.jpg

Jetty and silos
ikea038.jpg

ikea039.jpg

ikea040.jpg

Guard hut/Administration block
ikea041.jpg

Light and mountains behind
ikea042.jpg

Out to sea
ikea044.jpg

main building roof
ikea047.jpg

ikea049.jpg

In commemeration of "Kirky"
ikea052.jpg

ikea053.jpg

Hope everyone likes the pictures, I'll be going into the main building soon.

Broche