real time web analytics
Question - - Items found on explores? | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Items found on explores?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Mondeo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi all,

Been wanting to ask this question for ages,

What do you do if your the first to explore somewhere such as a farm and were to find a firearm or something else that you really don't think should be left?

How would the police treat you if you were to phone it in or take it down to the local station?

Just wondering as I like agriculture and industrial places and these seem most likely to be somewhere something like this would be left.

Cheers.

M.

Mondeo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Obviously the thing to do nowadays first of all is make an absurd clickbaity youtube video filled with rubbish and then plaster it all over the internets for the likes and shares because 'found gun nearly died watch before it gets taken down'

Ok, so shitty YouTube video, clickbait link, then wait for the views to get above the average IQ of a goontuber before selling to the papers?

Bristol-Wanderer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Take a picture of it obvcourse

no seriously if it was me I would just leave it there to be honest I wouldn’t even touch it

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
Leave stuff alone or be that guy thats got to ring the police every 5 minutes, whatever you feel happy doing and can live with.
I would leave it alone like I would leave cash or antiques alone. Im there to look not touch.
Any firearm should be locked up anyway so unless you're smashing shit up you shouldn't see one.

Bristol-Wanderer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You mean like this? Just as I said before take a photo and leave it there Lol

View attachment

Giymo85

Amateur and proud
28DL Full Member
I reckon all firearms should be reported to the police.

Actual firearms, air guns, imitations or display pieces. Where do you draw the line?

Not trying to be a dick, seriously asking. Certainly in the UK most couldn't begin to tell the difference and I wouldn't want to be the guy calling the police to a cap gun.

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
Actual fire arms obviously, otherwise I would have said guns.
If you are not sure report it anyway, better a cap gun and some lazy officers being annoyed than some kid killing his brother or sister.
It really is common sense.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Actual firearms, air guns, imitations or display pieces. Where do you draw the line?

Not trying to be a dick, seriously asking. Certainly in the UK most couldn't begin to tell the difference and I wouldn't want to be the guy calling the police to a cap gun.

I would. Some of the imitations are so close to the real thing that it's better safe than sorry, the police would totally understand caution when it comes to possible firearms.

Giymo85

Amateur and proud
28DL Full Member
Fair enough gents and I'm happy to be the odd one out here. Your attitude to the subject is probably bang on the money to be fair.

Having grown up around rifles/shotguns, spent years in the Army and being an FAC holder I guess I can afford to be picky and/or difficult.

grantellissheffield

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've removed live rounds and cartridges before so they don't fall into the wrong hands, my firearms officer knows know my other hobby and is fine as long as I stay within the law.. if I found a firearm as long as I text him and let him know Iam in the clear and can put it in my cabinet as long as I hand it in within 72 hours otherwise I could be in trouble myself.. it's the only thing I would ever remove to stop it falling into the wrong hands..

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
Giymo85, you obviously know what youre doing with them so you're golden whereas I and most others don't. I would think you'll know what to do and be able to identify a real one.
Personally I wouldnt know a bb gun from a magnum lol.

Nink

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Items found on explores? - I lost my mini tripod near the adit at Cwmorthin slate mine about 10 years ago, did anyone on here find it?;)

Last edited: