real time web analytics
Report - - John Tams Pottery - Stoke-On-Trent - July 2010 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - John Tams Pottery - Stoke-On-Trent - July 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Lost Explorer

Who Dares Wins
28DL Full Member
I think part of this history came from this site and a couple of others :)

In 1864 John Tams and William Lowe were two pottery companies who came from a partnership "Tams & Lowe" which split up in 1874. John Tams then formed the company on his own, in 1903 became John Tams & Son and in 1912 John Tams Ltd. Tams Group Limited was formed in April 2000. It was a management buy in of part of the former John Tams Group PLC, which went into receivership in February 2000.

Tams Group Limited bought the rights to Tams, Royal Grafton and Grafton Living. Marketing these brands and still manufacturing in Longton, Stoke on Trent - in 2002 was the biggest ceramic employer in Longton and one of the biggest mugs manufacturer in Europe.

The company operated from the Crown Works on The Strand in Longton and also had the Blythe, Sutherland and Atlas works in Longton - and a warehouse at the former Monarch flatware site in Fenton. In 2006 the group went into receivership and finally closed.

DSC_0219.jpg

DSC_0226.jpg

DSC_0236.jpg

DSC_0237.jpg

DSC_0240.jpg

Looks like this machine would glaze the mugs automatically

DSC_0241.jpg

DSC_0251.jpg

Didnt expect to see Glitto!

DSC_0261.jpg

DSC_0263.jpg

DSC_0273.jpg

DSC_0283.jpg

DSC_0292.jpg

Not a bad little explore! Shame the pikeys have had all the copper! Could hear running water where they had stolen all the copper pipe!

Rest of the images can be found here

burb147

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
hmmm shame i am so jealous and think i may need to refrain from speaking to you lol bloody ex husbands and kids ruin everything.