real time web analytics
Report - - Jungle Trains - Thessaloniki, Greece - July 2023 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Jungle Trains - Thessaloniki, Greece - July 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

zombizza

Sore Knee
Regular User
Here we have my holiday outing during my trip to Greece last week.
"Jungle trains" for a reason!
I had seen this somewhere on the net and it looked interesting.
So, with permission from my boss, I was allowed out for the afternoon and off I raced.
As it turns out, there seem to be quite a few bunches of these old rusting trains about the city, but this is the largest one.

It quickly came apparent that I had chosen the wrong time of year to visit this place and had to give up fairly quickly. The environment is hostile to say the least.
Forgetting the very strong midday sun burning me red, the place was totally overgrown.
I nearly trod on a snake on 2 occasions and the biggest issue was spiders the size of your hand strung up between all the trains and hanging from above.
I hate spiders! And I could only take so much beating through with a stick, and things landing on my head before I had to call it a day.
One web had feathers in it!
The only semi possible area was under the road bridge where there was less growth.
I tried to find my way back, the way I had been, by the lack of webs, but it appeared that new webs had appeared in the time I had passed through!
Its pretty annoying though, because after, looking at the drone shots, there appear to be some interesting carriages etc in the mix.

Greece is riddled with empty buildings. Most looked pretty stripped from the view from the car. If you were to visit in full exploration mode, I could imagine progress across the country would be exceedingly slow if you stopped by all the things you can see.

Thessal Trains (36 of 73).JPG

Thessal Trains (2 of 73).JPG

Thessal Trains (4 of 73).JPG

Thessal Trains (6 of 73).JPG

Thessal Trains (9 of 73).JPG

Thessal Trains (10 of 73).JPG

Thessal Trains (12 of 73).JPG

Thessal Trains (13 of 73).JPG

Thessal Trains (14 of 73).JPG

Thessal Trains (16 of 73).JPG

Thessal Trains (18 of 73).JPG

Thessal Trains (20 of 73).JPG

Thessal Trains (21 of 73).JPG

Thessal Trains (22 of 73).JPG

Thessal Trains (24 of 73).JPG

Thessal Trains (26 of 73).JPG

Thessal Trains (28 of 73).JPG

Thessal Trains (29 of 73).JPG

Thessal Trains (30 of 73).JPG

Thessal Trains (34 of 73).JPG

Thessal Trains (38 of 73).JPG

Thessal Trains (39 of 73).JPG

Thessal Trains (41 of 73).JPG

Thessal Trains (42 of 73).JPG

Thessal Trains (43 of 73).JPG

Thessal Trains (44 of 73).JPG

Thessal Trains (49 of 73).JPG

Thessal Trains (50 of 73).JPG

Thessal Trains (52 of 73).JPG

Thessal Trains b (1 of 3).JPG

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Thats a really cool site thanks for sharing

just had google of site, jees there is a lot there aint there, i could spend days wandering round that.

Last edited: