real time web analytics
Report - - Knoll Mill / Wellington Road / Greenfield 07/03/10 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Knoll Mill / Wellington Road / Greenfield 07/03/10

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Hidden

28DL Full Member

Present: Myself

State: Demolition In Progress

This is my 2nd explore using my D40, so again, some pictures may not be great but hopefully an Improvement on my previous reports.

I'd actually like to give 28DL member 'HOST' a shout out for this one, He agreed to meet me at 6 this morning to help me with Fletchers Paper Mill, the planned access had been sealed on arrival, so he agreed to show me a way into this place. Again, much appreciated!

History, in a Nutshell is this place housed a couple of different businesses, but it's primary purpose was cotton spinning, for which there was plenty of evidence of.

The site is huge and there's lots to be found, I covered around 1/3 of the site today, and intend to tackle the rest shortly.

Demolition works are in progress , to make way for a new Supermarket and housing.

Hope you enjoy...

1. Last cart outta' here

DSC_0150-1.jpg

2. Side View

DSC_0149-1.jpg

3. Going Up!

DSC_0151-1.jpg

4. You heard the man

DSC_0112-1.jpg

5. I beleive this to be a cotton barrel

DSC_0119-1.jpg

6. Love free stuff

DSC_0120-1.jpg

7. Storage Bay Signage

DSC_0122-1.jpg

8. Management Overwatch

DSC_0123-1.jpg

9. It comes off the walls

DSC_0127-1.jpg

10. In the main mill most floors were like this

DSC_0134-1.jpg

11. Caveman creativity

DSC_0136-1.jpg

12. Lift Pulley

DSC_0138-1.jpg

13. Loose Hinges

DSC_0141-1.jpg

14. Now where's that lighter...

DSC_0153-1.jpg

Now, this, I felt was an interesting little find, I appeared to stumble across a little medical centre. The 'hearing test' room was actually a kitchen. There was more to this little place, which was well hidden away, however, I was spooked by a sensation of somebody being VERY close....

15. Come again? WHAT?

DSC_0157-1.jpg

16. Some kind of 100 in 1 Oven, Grill thingamajig

DSC_0155-1.jpg

17. Must of missed it

DSC_0158-1.jpg

Again, big thanks to Host on this one :Not Worthy

Like I said, covered around a 1/3 but I'll definitely be back to see what else this place has offer.

Cheers,

HS

Who has read this thread (Total: 6) View details