real time web analytics
Report - - Kolkwitz Heilstätte - Germany - March 2016 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Kolkwitz Heilstätte - Germany - March 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Saul

Basterd
28DL Full Member
Built in 1898 and inaugurated in 1900, Kolkwitz was originally built to serve female TB patients. In 1925 additional buildings were added, such as the houses that dot the site and apparently a mortuary, which I couldn't find. After Beelitz had been taken over as a military hospital, Kolkwitz became the main centre for tuberculosis treatment in the Land Brandenburg. With the decline of TB the hospital's role shifted more towards stroke and heart attack rehabilitation. The last patients left in 2007 when the hospital's functions moved to the Carl-Thiem-Klinikum. There are/were plans to turn the building into apartments, most of the houses on the site are already occupied.

Due to the hospital moving it seems they took all their stuff with them so it's a pretty bare hospital. There were 4 operating theatres but these are stripped. I couldn't find any X-ray machines or pathology labs. I may have missed some bits as some doors were locked and I did manage to "lock" myself in as the next door after my point of entry was a one-way type. There was a section of floor in the main entrance that had been re-tiled, probably to cover a Swastika and then a Red Star.

KH%201_zpsrak51yks.jpg

KH%202_zpsrvz1kwgp.jpg

KH%204_zpsxfpugbbu.jpg

KH%205_zps9z1vhrs2.jpg

KH%206_zps9liumn12.jpg

KH%207_zpsbhfppyed.jpg

KH%208_zpsjrvcavjs.jpg

KH%209_zps1trjm654.jpg

KH%2010_zpsb8hhif5f.jpg

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details