real time web analytics
Wanted: Urban Exploration Companion in Berlin, Germany | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Wanted: Urban Exploration Companion in Berlin, Germany

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Quartiermeister

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hello Folks,

You might know that shared experiences are doubled ones!

That’s why I’m looking for company.

I’m a soon 33 year old guy from the south of Germany. I have quite a standard office job, managing a small but fine team. I’m happily engaged and I don’t want to risk my life train surfing or sth. like that.

The man-made environment fascinates me, underneath our feet, above our heads, as well as sometimes hidden in plain sight, are often real marvels of human ingenuity - mostly unappreciated and unrecognized. Some are still in use, some are long forgotten, some rest in the woods around the city, some are demolished and only left in traces.

I really rather walk a day along the old Berlin Wall, then in a Mall.

I’m not a fan of „elite“ Urbexers, the odd YouTuber or other attention seekers on the www. The hobby costs next to nothing except some time, so no need for commercialization.

I do read some books as: Moses Gates’: Hidden Cities, Erling Kagge’s: Under Manhattan, Cal Flyn’s: Islands of Abandonment. I also read 99% Invisible and listen to the podcast, as well as Engineering in plain sight.

I recently purchased a camera and try to make proper photos now as well.

I really don’t mind your background, country of origin, religion, political beliefs or anything, you just should be over 18.

If you’re interested get in touch and we can visit a museum or a Berliner Unterwelten Tour.

Thank you for your time and have a splendid time!

Axel

postscriptum: If the topic is not wanted, just delete it.

Wastelandr

Goes where the Buddleia grows
Regular User
Welcome! I'm not from Germany but I did a week based in Berlin a few months back for urbex. Even in that first week we saw tons of excellent quality places, so if I must say anything it's that you'll be spoilt for choice, you'll have a much more relaxed time and will see some great places in the Brandenburg region compared to what's here for us UK explorers. Good luck :)

Mike881NW

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi Axel @Quartiermeister

I will be in Berlin in September this year for 5 days.

I will be looking at Urbex sites, mainly WW2/Cold War/factories. These are my main areas of interest.

I take many photographs but I don't do live videos or anything like that. I only explore with discrete people who don't draw attention or damage/destroy sites.

If this suits let me know and I will meet you.

MH

Last edited:

Mike881NW

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Welcome! I'm not from Germany but I did a week based in Berlin a few months back for urbex. Even in that first week we saw tons of excellent quality places, so if I must say anything it's that you'll be spoilt for choice, you'll have a much more relaxed time and will see some great places in the Brandenburg region compared to what's here for us UK explorers. Good luck :)
Hi, I am visiting Berlin in September, I have some places listed already but would you mind sharing some locations you visited if poss? I know it's an unwritten rule not to share so totally get if you're not into it. Thanks . MH