real time web analytics
Report - - La Porte Fullers Earth works, Redhill - Nov 05 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - La Porte Fullers Earth works, Redhill - Nov 05

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

T

TheFunk

I took a look around this place this place last November after reading about it in Section61. Only just found the CD with my photo's on it yesterday so the site may have changed since?

Closed in 1996 this place isn't ageing particularly well however some of the site is still being used as a depot by a waste company.

After looking for a back way on to the site I found the quickest way in was on foot through the main entrance now blocked by a gate and some large mounds of earth.

On site there's the main industrial building housing all the machinery surrounded by a couple of labs and a workshop with a burnt out office building set further up the hill towards the entrance.

I wouldn't recommend smoking on-site... The whole place smelt of gas and on entering one of the lab buildings I found out why. There was a pipe at head height with a hole in it. If it's still spewing gas you can actually hear it hissing before you see it. All the gas taps in the lab next door also work.

laporte0008_r1.jpg

The lab

LaPorte0001.jpg

laporte0005_r1.jpg

laporte0007_r1.jpg

The workshop has some particularly grim Health and safety posters.

laporte0010_r1.jpg

LaPorte0011.jpg

Inside the main building it's like a small scale Shoreham works! The walkways that run over the machinery where entertaining. Although most of the structure was relatively modern there where a couple of thick brick walls that would suggest the site had been in existence for some time.

laporte0016_r1.jpg

laporte0021_r1.jpg

LaPorte0026.jpg

LaPorte0025.jpg

laporte0027_r1.jpg

LaPorte0028.jpg

Control room.

LaPorte0032.jpg

laporte0037_r1.jpg

Open plan area with a kitty litter packaging machine!

LaPorte0035.jpg

LaPorte0040.jpg

laporte0039_r1.jpg

The warehouse was divided by an impressive wall of huge tyres. The other side was used by the waste company.

LaPorte0043.jpg

The office block was surrounded by an impressive metal fence. On inspection the gate was actually unlocked but with the building torched there wasn't much to protect. The staff canteen on the ground floor of the office has seen better days...

LaPorte0048.jpg

It had a long bar that spanned two rooms so the place must have employed a large number of people.

LaPorte0055.jpg

LaPorte0057.jpg

laporte0058_r1.jpg

surrey urbanex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The place seems to improve with age like a good wine its degenerated since ur visit but in a good way. The place is still there but mostly in skeletal form all the infrastructure is still there no security any more the company that done it went under that was 16/17 r& h security services

20180518_135019.jpg

20180526_194425.jpg

20180526_194451.jpg