real time web analytics
Report - - Ladysbridge Mental Hospital 04-08-07 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ladysbridge Mental Hospital 04-08-07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

D

Draconis

... And after Tairlair we decided to poke our nose into this place, since lost had shown it off so well. We only got into the newer buildings (the older granite stuff was all well boarded) but its a fantastic place. Mostly stripped even since lost was there by the look of things but still intriguingly creepy. There were a couple of what the hell was that moments to keep us on our toes. Out of place noises, glimpses of things in windows, that sort of stuff..

We didn't venture into the basement of the main building due to the asbestos notice, so no records room for us.

Pics: (lots more at http://www.baddaggin.org/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=20 )

The way onto the site - it looks like one of the buildings has already been demolished.
normal_DSC_2947.jpg

Our first glimpse of the residential buildings, replete with post-apocalyptic style playground. Nice. We got through the fence a little way up from here, bizarrely the first join in the fence we went to look at had been undone for us already, so our entrance was very easy indeed.
normal_DSC_2955.jpg

The first glimpse through a window. Enticing, no?
normal_DSC_2959.jpg

Once inside.. I so love this aesthetic of decay..
normal_DSC_2960.jpg

Shinies
normal_DSC_2963.jpg

Showers. Soap was still in the holder..
normal_DSC_2968.jpg

Down in the basement. Long tunnels...
normal_DSC_2981.jpg

Into the main building, the downstairs plant room. Creepy inspection pit:
normal_DSC_2985.jpg

Those creepy kids:
normal_DSC_3004.jpg

The all-natural lighting was really quite eerie.
normal_DSC_3017.jpg

Meatlocker.
normal_DSC_3041.jpg

The view from the bath in what seemed to be the children's ward building:
normal_DSC_3053.jpg

Room with a view:
normal_DSC_3083.jpg

In another residential building, with a flooded basement. Does that look like a zombie fish to you? It was staring at meeeeee.
normal_DSC_3092.jpg

Remarkably, the cielings were constructed entirely of centipedes:
normal_DSC_3101.jpg

We could easily have spent more time in the place. Light was fading though and I had used up both of my memory cards. May well go back for another poke about at some point. Hopefully Gorecki will post up pics too.

Gorecki

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Re: Ladysbridge Mental Hospital 04-08-07 (pic heavy)

was speaking to my uncle this morning and he said the underground tunnel things were possibly air raid shelters, as there was a chance the germans could come over from Norway. anyway.. here are some of my pics from yesterday //

bmelb9.jpg

bmelb8.jpg

bmelb15.jpg

bmelb13.jpg

bmelb10.jpg

bmelb6.jpg

bmelb19.jpg