real time web analytics
Report - - Ligne Maginot October 2016 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ligne Maginot October 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Alessio1st

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Hello, went into a military domain ,that belongs to the Ligne Maginot, on sunday late afternoon/evening. It was rainy, it was windy, it was cold and there was mud everywhere and really slippery. Went there to find a bunker, but unfortunately, I didn't find it this time, will probably go back to continue my research, after 3 hours of wondering around and not finding something really worth to take a shot at, I just took a few pictures. There was one place that was pretty hard to walk through as there were barbed wires laying around everywhere and metal pieces pointing out the ground, walked on one and luckily I had some workboots on, otherwise it would've gone through my sole and into my foot. Really dangerous place to walk around without the proper equipment.

Probably the electrical supply

30230987400_51435117df_k.jpg

Small bunker, not the one I was searching for though

29896387693_1f01b8b110_k.jpg

One of the many tourets

30442674331_b100959c3d_k.jpg

A pile of barbed wires

30493774846_b69f42ce22_k.jpg

The_Raw

Staff member
Shame you didn't find what you were looking for, some epic stuff on the maginot ligne.

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Even if you don't get into the underground stuff, there's plenty of stuff on the surface, blockhouses, surface bunkers etc. The barbed wire I think is significant. That shit was to keep the hun out. I've seen massive mounds of machine gun cases and clips, you know there was one hell of a firefight there, and people died. It's poignant if you're in the right frame of mind.

Alessio1st

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Shame you didn't find what you were looking for, some epic stuff on the maginot ligne.

Hope to be back there as soon as possible before winter settles in. I'll do my next exploration a little earlier in the day, so I'll be able to cover more area.

Alessio1st

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Even if you don't get into the underground stuff, there's plenty of stuff on the surface, blockhouses, surface bunkers etc. The barbed wire I think is significant. That shit was to keep the hun out. I've seen massive mounds of machine gun cases and clips, you know there was one hell of a firefight there, and people died. It's poignant if you're in the right frame of mind.

Yes, lots of stuff around my parts. The area I was in though, never was into the action, it was only used till 1941 and left abandoned ever since as it was not used during the war. The bunker is still in good shape judging by the photos I saw. Really eager to be back there to find it.

The Franconian

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I did some search there in summer and it was all overgrown and bushy and very difficult to get through and see where to go
and see what you looking for and mosquitos.
The beginning of the year should be a good time I thought.
I searched with geodatas, which makes things easier (if you get the garmin working), in mix with maps and google earth shots

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details