real time web analytics
Report - - Lillesden Girls School, Hawkhurst, Dec 10 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Lillesden Girls School, Hawkhurst, Dec 10

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

marmite

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I was excited to go and explore this location as it's nearby and the pictures I had seen looked interesting. I was joined by a fellow photographer and we soon bumped into another 28DL group of four. A tourist hot spot for sure. It proved useful and we were given a quick tour of the building before setting about the photography.

There are many good reports with the history and proposed future use of the building but it is in a pretty bad state due to the lead being lifted from the roof.

I decided to confine myself to the basement, ground and first floor as I had heard some pretty scary accounts about the top floor being very dangerous, although a couple of the lads did head up that way.

Photography: Canon 5D Mark II, 17-40mm lens, tripod mounted with shutter release. I did originally bracket them for post processing in HDR but these are not to everyone's taste so I have dialled back the post processing to very minimal levels.

IMG_8220.jpg

IMG_8171.jpg

IMG_8249-Edit.jpg

IMG_8264-Edit.jpg

IMG_8277.jpg

IMG_8267-Edit.jpg

IMG_8287.jpg

IMG_8305-Edit.jpg

IMG_8313-Edit.jpg

IMG_8317-Edit-Edit.jpg

Nailsinhead

28DL Member
28DL Member
The 'fellow' in the initial thread found the visit visually exciting, lots of really subtle shades of colour decay as well as some 'in your face' vistas.

Schoolruin035.jpg

Schoolruin071.jpg

Schoolruin040.jpg

Schoolruin017.jpg

Schoolruin109.jpg

Schoolruin060.jpg

Schoolruin187.jpg

Schoolruin073.jpg

Schoolruin046.jpg

Schoolruin053.jpg

Schoolruin080.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details