real time web analytics
Report - - Lillesden School for Girls - Sept 2011 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Lillesden School for Girls - Sept 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

LordLatto

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Accompanied by Severed Frequencies, LiamCH, and 2 other non members of the forum, we arrived here shortly after lunchtime, on Sun 18th . My jaw hit the floor as soon as we entered the building :eek: (no i didn't fall throu a hole). I was buzzing with excitement and wonderment of what was about to be my first explore. Camera in hand and tripod by my side, we ventured in to the world of history and decay.
While we were on the ground floor, we heard a noise outside, fearing it was security, only to see 2 other 28dl forums explorers out for a nosy. Welcomed to tag along with us, we met mc_hawkins and his friend Tom.
Afterwards the 7 of us headed up to Potters Manor. (photos up soon)

The story of the school has been highlighted many times so I won't fill up the post with what you already know.

History and Info

Quote:
The school occupies what used to be the Lillesden Estate Mansion, built at the estate (south of Hawkhurst) in 1855 by the banker Edward Loyd, who moved there after marrying. The house and estate remained in the family until just after the First World War, when it was then sold and eventually became the Bedgebury Girls Public School.

The school closed around 1999 and has been abandoned ever since. Due to the theft of its lead roof, water damage is now sadly causing the buildings to collapse. However, it is now owned by a property developed and expected to be converted into private apartments at some point in the future.

So many photos i could share, but tried to keep the numbers down for the forum.

063.jpg

074.jpg

062.jpg

037.jpg

038.jpg

050.jpg

040.jpg

016.jpg

022.jpg

026.jpg

025.jpg

014.jpg

008.jpg

042.jpg

087.jpg

084.jpg

102.jpg

108.jpg

Loved it. What a great way to spend your Sunday. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details