real time web analytics
Report - - Littlebrook Power Station (July 2017) | UK Power Stations | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Littlebrook Power Station (July 2017)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

GreyAliyah

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Littlebrook D Power Station

After much to-ing and fro-ing over what where we'd go that night, @mockney reject and I decided we'd be happy getting bitten to fuck by mosquitoes visiting this little gem. I didn't have my camera with me, so phone photos will ensue.

Getting in was interesting, but lo and behold we managed it with so much noise (and running away from Mr Secca who had previously been taking his sweet time getting around the place) that we had to have a bit of a giggle once it finally happened.

The sheer size of the machinery, how pristine the controls were, and the views from the rooftop made trudging through the marshy grass and being feasted on by mosquitoes absolutely worth it. An awesome evening.

History [taken from various websites]:

Littlebrook D Power Station was an oil-fired power station started producing energy in 1981, having been decommissioned for use in 2015. It was the most recent of the 4 Power Stations which made up Littlebrook, the other 3 which had all been decommissioned in or prior to the year Littlebrook D became operational. Littlebrook D was able to generate enough power for well over 2 million people.

Having cost around £700M to build the power station, an EU directive relating to fossil fuels meant the plant had to cease running in March 2015. Since closing, the plant has been used for the emergency services training. In early 2016 there was a staged terrorist attack at a "train station" within the building, helping them to prepare for any possible eventuality across the nation. More recently, the site has been sold for £65M by a company known for buying land for potential logistics projects.

Photos:
IMG_7871.JPG

IMG_7870.JPG

IMG_7867.JPG

IMG_7874.JPG

IMG_7875.JPG

IMG_7878.JPG

IMG_7879.JPG

IMG_7880.JPG

IMG_7882.JPG

IMG_7884.JPG

IMG_7887.JPG

IMG_7891.JPG

IMG_7892.JPG

IMG_7894.JPG

IMG_7900.JPG

IMG_7902.JPG

IMG_7907.JPG

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Makes me wonder if some of these are being deliberately mothballed.