real time web analytics
Report - - Ljubljanska Banka tower, Mostar, Bosnia, August 2010 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ljubljanska Banka tower, Mostar, Bosnia, August 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

KronJewels

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Did a months trip visiting several countries through Europe, this was the only real bit of Urbex I managed to fit in :(

Can't really find much in the way of history about this, but it was used as a sniper post during the time when Mostar was a focus of fighting during the Bosnian war. I assume it's been shelled out, but not sure about this.

Most of the war damaged buildings in Bosnia are boarded or fenced off. The hostel we were staying at actually recommended we enter this one!

I just had a small digital camera and a little Petzl head torch, so don't expect anything amazing..

Not the best exterior shot, but it shows the size and vague triangular shape of the building:
bankmostar1.jpg

bankmostar2.jpg

There was a fair bit of decent graffiti, some of it anti-war
bankmostar3.jpg

Looking up the lift shaft - there were three of these in a row:
bankmostar4.jpg

Service shaft:
bankmostar5.jpg

I presume this is where the sniper sat. There was a hole in the wall nearby, looking down over the main road through the city.
bankmostar6.jpg

Papers and office equipment everywhere. If I remember rightly, some of the paper seemed to be dated after the war ended. Not sure how that works.. :confused
bankmostar7.jpg

bankmostar8.jpg

bankmostar9.jpg

bankmostar10.jpg

On the roof. The fenced off building is used (I presume) as a radio/communications tower.
bankmostar11.jpg

Eventually found the way into the basement:
bankmostar12.jpg

bankmostar13.jpg

The basement was huge so we didn't see the whole thing. Was slightly worried about UXO and dust as well...I gather the rest of the building is fine, but the basement seemed like it hadn't been touched in a while.

As we were leaving, we saw two guys climbing the stairs with a huge watermelon.... I wouldn't have liked to be standing near the building by the time they reached the top :D