real time web analytics
Report - - London 2012 Olympic Stadium - 2014 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - London 2012 Olympic Stadium - 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Gabe

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
14532757293_650bac43dd_b.jpg

London 2012 Olympic Stadium

Right, i remember reading a report on this a long time ago. Before the games actually i think and i remember reading how ridiculous it was, with the working out of camera angles and whatnot to stay under the radar. I guess back then as it is now its not much more than a glorified building site, it is just a building site, just happens to be slightly different and maybe a little more sensitive considering what it is. I come up with the idea of doing this quite a while back but had to get a few more pressing things out the way first, plus this is gonna be around for a while before West Ham finally move in.

I invited The Raw who in turn invited Elliot5200 along, the idea that was in my head was just to recce the place and actually see if it could be done. You assume that security measures for somewhere like this are up to scratch but it turns out they could probably be just that little bit better as it wasn't long before we were standing on top of the stadium and it wasn't exactly a difficult thing to do. I had wanted to see inside this place for a very long time, i failed at getting tickets for anything at London 2012 in the stadium despite applying for nearly £1000 worth of tickets for the 100m final etc etc, in the end i watched some handball in the copper box which i left halfway through to watch the 100m final on one of the huge screens in the park with some sort of atmosphere.

The explore was fairly uneventful until an alarm was tripped and we left pretty quick sharpish without being caught, even managed to get the last train home. Was a fucking cracking night and its all about pissing about and having a laugh.

Enjoy

14511264734_0567b3d4fb_b.jpg

14489525296_15db74a20f_b.jpg

14512604605_1136d0d4e8_b.jpg

14532690203_0afa75cc59_b.jpg

14325980858_35222fafaf_b.jpg

14325961268_1eba212b13_b.jpg

14532626593_5197293cba_b.jpg

14325902619_4bcba74564_b.jpg

14511362952_1f1c92c539_b.jpg

And to end on, 3 photo's stitched together...

14509058981_a20ab5bfa0_b.jpg
[/CENTER]

Indecisive Moment

Banned
Banned
Despite the stadium being the main attraction here I think your photo number 7 shows the details and intricacies of the pipes, chains and scaffolding rather beautifully well. I really like that shot.

Ordnance

Stay Safe
Staff member
The Stadium | Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park

The Park’s most recognisable venue, the Stadium is a magnificent arena that has been designed to host world-class events long into the future.

The Stadium is currently closed and will re-open to the public in 2016.

From 2016, the Stadium becomes the new home of West Ham United FC and the National Competition Centre for athletics in the UK, as well as a major live music venue.

It will be open all year round for visitor tours, arts and cultural events, conferences and other sporting activities.

But you don't have to wait until 2016 to experience the majesty of this iconic arena as it will host a number of high-profile events over the next two years. Having already hosted some of the most memorable nights in sporting history during the 2012 Games, the Stadium is set to provide the stage for a spectacular series of sports fixtures including the Rugby World Cup in 2015 and the IAAF World Athletics Championships in 2017.

Not even till then it seems LoL ;-)

jazzywheelz

Boring Bearded Bastard
28DL Full Member
Sick shots as always Gabe. The scaff shot with the Aquatics Centre in the background is champion :thumb

Rik UE

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good stuff, nice photographs, would have loved to have seen your faces when that alarm was tripped.

Seffy

Staff member
Damn well done that man, photos are ace. The site looks much better without blue lights and a chopper over it :D

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Very nice indeed, not being from down south though, I have to ask - whats that red thing in some of the photos?

The_Raw

Staff member
Excellent shots mate, was a fun night indeed and still can't believe how easy it was to access, something tells me it's not quite as easy as it once was..... The aquatics centre shot and the last shot are especially full of WIN :thumb

Very nice indeed, not being from down south though, I have to ask - whats that red thing in some of the photos?

That's a sculpture called the Orbit designed by Anish Kapoor

Punk

Punkus Explorus
28DL Full Member
Despite the stadium being the main attraction here I think your photo number 7 shows the details and intricacies of the pipes, chains and scaffolding rather beautifully well. I really like that shot.

I agree, great shot. And yea, you would've thought secca would be red hot on a place like this