real time web analytics
Report - - Longbridge Tunnels, Birmingham. AUG 2013 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Longbridge Tunnels, Birmingham. AUG 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User
I popped down a couple of weeks ago without my camera and decided to pop back down (Technically I'm on 1 - 10 so this is a dinner hour visit)

The famous service tunnel/bridge (pictured), used to carry vehicle bodyshells across the Bristol Road, was demolished on the night of 4 August 2006. Other parts of the huge MG Rover factories on the site were demolished during that night and later in 2006 and the land to be used for future redevelopment. At the moment much of the original site still lies unused awaiting development. Less than half of the original Longbridge site has been retained for carmaking.

The entry is starting to get a bit dodgy, someone has gone through one of the bottom steps and one of the steps higher up started to crumble below my foot which doesn't feel to good when you're alone.

The plant and tunnels was used during WW2 to build plane engines

9498436780_8b357037bf_o.jpg

9498389048_b899cb5960_c.jpg

9498486966_4afb4565cd_c.jpg

9498392826_08bd2aaf11_c.jpg

9495586663_6582ffdb34_c.jpg

9495583311_2e0585f50a_c.jpg

9495584947_0d00748d12_c.jpg

9495579463_2e3c517019_c.jpg

9495580627_80c270c5de_c.jpg

Fucksticks a light worm :(

9495577373_8e52f5eb73_c.jpg

thefueltank

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi all... i live close to the old Longbridge site and always wanted to get down the tunnels to have a look... years on it looks like all the entrances have been filled up if not close to all access :(
Does anyone know where to get access these days to the tunnels? Anyone fancy going down again? I'm very interested in these and would love to explore if it's possible still???
I also work at a unit on the ex GKN works strichley and believe that under where I work is full of tunnels starting from inside the Jap spares car parts(great pics on here) ....If anybody knows of out the way entrances to these tunnels what I'm sure would make a good day out then I would be up for an explore. ..
also I've heard of the tunnel from Kings Norton church to the house on the park next to the canal?
I'm local to kings Norton and surrounding areas and would like to meet up with like minded people for an explore ;)

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Hi all... i live close to the old Longbridge site and always wanted to get down the tunnels to have a look... years on it looks like all the entrances have been filled up if not close to all access :(
Does anyone know where to get access these days to the tunnels? Anyone fancy going down again? I'm very interested in these and would love to explore if it's possible still???
I also work at a unit on the ex GKN works strichley and believe that under where I work is full of tunnels starting from inside the Jap spares car parts(great pics on here) ....If anybody knows of out the way entrances to these tunnels what I'm sure would make a good day out then I would be up for an explore. ..
also I've heard of the tunnel from Kings Norton church to the house on the park next to the canal?
I'm local to kings Norton and surrounding areas and would like to meet up with like minded people for an explore ;)

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/gkn-stirchley-tunnels-birmingham-march-2013.t78817