real time web analytics
General - - Looking for people to come on a rooftop mission. (London) | High Stuff | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - Looking for people to come on a rooftop mission. (London)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Aaron89

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That's what I'm expecting, the words police, chased and epic will surely be in capitals somewhere.
At least Ally law would have been a bit closer, these pics look like they wernt even in the same town lol.
Each to their own but when I hear of 30+ all roofing together then getting chased by the police I just think you fucking pricks, even after all the recent public attention you're still trying to make the situation worse, sod everyone else as long as your having your 10 minutes of fun sort of attitude. No consideration for the hobby because they are merely doing it for a fuck about.

I don't do youtube videos personally. But who knows if any of the others who was their do. its not really what the night was about, all this "madness" shit or what have you.
You aren't quite getting the full storey from the above comment. As yes, 30+ people on one roof is too many.
We actually went up first with our group. But between us getting up their and midnight 3 more groups of explorers came up to the roof also. So it was not planned.

But would ally have gotten caught..
My thoughts are I would rather find a nice quiet roof out of the way, rather than trying to get something on the London eye's door step and potentially having a high risk of getting caught by the mass of security or police that where out on the night.

As for the police. Again I don't really know what to make of that.
people ran when they saw the police. They cornered some people but decided to drive off at speed when they could have had any number of people.
A case of mistaken identity?
Thinking we where somebody we weren't because of running. Which is something that is always going to look suspicious.

Aaron89

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
But hey, their is unanswerable questions from the night and it most certainly wasn't planned.
It seems you are trying to tar everyone with the same brush, which I can understand to a certain extent, as the information given certainly sounded quite bad and is what some people actually do.
The truth of the matter is it was nothing like that and I actually usually explore solo or with 2 others at most.

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
My comments wernt directed at you but rather the one who thinks the night ending in a police chase is a good one.
You were the first there, great, the others should have respected that and found a different building imho.

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
My comments wernt directed at you but rather the one who thinks the night ending in a police chase is a good one.
You were the first there, great, the others should have respected that and found a different building imho.
Found another building,in what world does that actually happen mate,everyones trying tyo get up high for the fireworks and whatevers easiest often gets hit the most,not like if i was wandering round a derp and i saw others in there id fuck off and leave them to it

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
I admit its been a few years since i visited london but im pretty sure theres a shit load of tall buildings there.
Anyway I'm not arguing, I posted my opinion, every cunt has one, I can't be arsed getting into another slanging match over some trivial bullshit internet thread. I simply replied to somthing directed at me just as i am to you now, you want to defend some 2 post kid laughing at running away from the police instead of being a bit more sensible then that's your choice.
Anyone that thinks 30 people running away from the police is the sign of a good night is on a different wavelength to me, I'm done with this bullshit, I can't be arsed anymore.

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Im not defending anyone in particular just pointing out a few facts,NYE police watching for people climbing hoarding,you get where you can..but hey i get what you are saying but life is to short,you can't educate people who wish not to be educated and trust me i've spent many years trying to do that..go have a drink a spliff or whatever tickles you fancy and to coin a phrase,let it go

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
As someone asked. A picture with fireworks in.

I'd like to see some more of those. Didn't see nearly enough fireworks in Leicester!

I've edited this for you

It seems you are trying to tar everyone with the same brush again

My comments wernt directed at you

From your previous comment they absolutely fucking were! And it wasn't him that mentioned running away

At least Ally law would have been a bit closer, these pics look like they wernt even in the same town lol.

Didn't you recently post in the chat something like you don't post on here because "all the dicks slate everything" lol

I admit its been a few years since i visited london but im pretty sure theres a shit load of tall buildings there.

So, slating and spouting off bullshit about unknown territory again then.

Adders

living in a cold world
Regular User
Anyway I'm not arguing, I posted my opinion, every cunt has one, I can't be arsed getting into another slanging match over some trivial bullshit internet thread. I simply replied to somthing directed at me just as i am to you now, you want to defend some 2 post kid laughing at running away from the police instead of being a bit more sensible then that's your choice.
Anyone that thinks 30 people running away from the police is the sign of a good night is on a different wavelength to me, I'm done with this bullshit, I can't be arsed anymore.
To be fair finding a tall construction site that isn't covered by an injunction, ridded with external security guards, cameras and sensors, as well as dodging the general public and curtain twitchers, on the busiest night of the year is not easy. Police are also generally hot on the obvious targets as well, and in previous years you've had to dodge the helicopters too.

And you're attacking some "2 post kid" but all that comes up in the 6 seconds looking up your posts is just a fountain of moaning. Go do something.

VagueNonsense

28DL Member
28DL Member
I sort of get that people are upset when this hobby gets a bad press. It does limit the opportunities for everyone else, particularly casuals like me.

But then we all have our own priorities. I'm normally there trying to get decent shots with my camera. I don't need the excitement or for something to be particularly high. Others do.

I guess the way I look at it is that we're all pushing the boundaries of the law - how much is on an individual but I'd be on dodgy ground telling someone else that my line should be their line.

Either way, love me a London night shot, particularly with fireworks - so thanks for sharing.

Rexter

The Quiet one
28DL Full Member
30 people rooftop madness and ended the night with a police chase. I call that a success
Let me know next time you are going on a rooftop madness and i will come along !! i am local to the area too :)

deBaser

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Anyone else up for another one of these night crawls? Maybe hit the crane that's just been put up on the IBM building on southbank?

CantClimbTom

Enthusiastic Idiot and prolific BS talker
28DL Full Member
Strange to bump such an old post , although I was on a high up balcony last night (work event) on the opposite side of the river looking at the Southbank with mischievous eyes, thinking there's so much high stuff over there...

Who has read this thread (Total: 229) View details