real time web analytics
General - - Lost And Known Rivers Of Maghera | UK Draining Forum | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - Lost And Known Rivers Of Maghera

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

EOA

Exploring with Bob
28DL Full Member
It doesn't have to be the most epic explore. Sometimes it's just about documenting systems and it was a nicely written report. Some may be more impressive than others, but you don't know if you don't look.

Which reminds me, there is a culvert I really want to have poke about in that runs under a church near where I grew up. It'll probably be shite, but it's not been documented and I'll probably wang a report up when I get around to doing it.

I think one of my first reports was utterly wank, but people were still sound enough to encourage me on and I've gone on to do better stuff as a result and get involved with a community of sound people. It's usually the people who gripe the most who do the least.

cjdonnelly

Tunnelmaster
28DL Full Member
It doesn't have to be the most epic explore. Sometimes it's just about documenting systems and it was a nicely written report. Some may be more impressive than others, but you don't know if you don't look.

Which reminds me, there is a culvert I really want to have poke about in that runs under a church near where I grew up. It'll probably be shite, but it's not been documented and I'll probably wang a report up when I get around to doing it.

I think one of my first reports was utterly wank, but people were still sound enough to encourage me on and I've gone on to do better stuff as a result and get involved with a community of sound people. It's usually the people who gripe the most who do the least.
aye this is a document not an offical explore just yet

Shaun

28DL Regular User
28DL Full Member
It's not the

Well yea to be honest it's alot better than others, i was just recommending the op to cut down on the photos.

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

That was the ethos before things like fakebook, smartphones, snapchat, youtube live streams, and all that other gubbins. 'Twas always so, and always will be, and lest I get accused of having a "back in the dayyyyyyy mentality", there are probably many like minded explorers out there. For me it was just about meeting some mates, exploring somewhere new, having a laugh along the way, or if it all went south due to weather or not finding much of interest, was just written off and chalked up to experience, as you say, you don't know if you don't look.

cjdonnelly

Tunnelmaster
28DL Full Member
That was the ethos before things like fakebook, smartphones, snapchat, youtube live streams, and all that other gubbins. 'Twas always so, and always will be, and lest I get accused of having a "back in the dayyyyyyy mentality", there are probably many like minded explorers out there. For me it was just about meeting some mates, exploring somewhere new, having a laugh along the way, or if it all went south due to weather or not finding much of interest, was just written off and chalked up to experience, as you say, you don't know if you don't look.
i mind those days myself

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not sure what you mean, or did you mean I miss those days yourself? Either way, I did not mean to offend, just my take on it.

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
I enjoyed looking at your thread. It’s well written and shows your interest in documenting something thoroughly.

Ignore the negative comments. There’s some seriously self important folks lurking around and dropping complaints everywhere for the sake of it.

Crack on!

cjdonnelly

Tunnelmaster
28DL Full Member
Not sure what you mean, or did you mean I miss those days yourself? Either way, I did not mean to offend, just my take on it.
i mind before it was all technology like phones ect im 17 and you be lucky if you got a tv or a bulky computer

Who has read this thread (Total: 184) View details