real time web analytics
Report - - Loxley Chapel Burnt Down | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Loxley Chapel Burnt Down

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Theonewhokills

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Heard reports that the church was on fire this morning, so me and a few friends decided to go have a look and it was completely destroyed!
64869c03562af597e3334cb4d1fc2395.jpg

9b534753f879f7af02c8d2d18b51898b.jpg

Something like this was going to happen sooner or later, its a shame as it was such a good building to explore.
(Theres also a article to read here: http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/flames-ravage-grade-ii-listed-sheffield-chapel-1-8074626 )

elhomer12

Maglite size T-rex, It's time for urbex!
28DL Full Member
This is a shame, it was wrecked when I went but it was still a nice little mooch. ...another victim of the school holidays :(

Theonewhokills

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is a shame, it was wrecked when I went but it was still a nice little mooch. ...another victim of the school holidays :(
Yep! I went in a year ago and the place was almost pristine, went in 5 months ago and it was wrecked! And now, its burnt to the ground.

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Glad I went when I did last year. Been going down hill this year but nothing as bad as this. Sad news...

Wassyole

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Very very sad to see this go, was only last week I was on a visit to the couple of doves that used to sit on the top of the organ.
#Devastationwithin

pbx

not doing anything apart from photos now
28DL Full Member
Sheffield Ski Village MK2 comes to mind which was on fire the same day

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Surprised it lasted so long TBH
Also surprised it was never converted to residential us, unlike the one down the road.

reclaimedbynature

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
School holidays my arse. These places are burned down at the request of developers. Stay turned for the inevitable housing estate. As is the fate of all things sacred in this appallingly run country!

ledgehammer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thats harsh, was only telling someone about this the other day, they'll be gutted if they rock up...

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
The chapel was recently sold. To a property developer. It's grade two listed.

Yeah. I don't need you to guess the rest..