real time web analytics
Report - - MAN Gasholder 7 - Battersea, London - July 2014 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - MAN Gasholder 7 - Battersea, London - July 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

extreme_ironing

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Finally got it together and climbed up the MAN gasholder by BPS the other night with The_Raw. I grew up just opposite this and the Power Station so it's been a long time coming. :cool

Managed to get past the gates and onto the stairwell in about 2 minutes.

Weather conditions that night were pretty £$%& and my photos kind of reflect that, it was majorly windy and couldn't manage very long exposures without shake impacting them but still got a few decent frames. Bit embarrassed to say that I didn't go to the base.. well, don't think I've ever been walking on top of such a dodgy structure as that suspended walkway, but since I'd gone that far I might as well have gone the full mile. :banghead Not sure if I'll revisit to remedy this. One of the steps in the walkway almost gave way under me. Was terrifying and great fun at the same time. Didn't really grab much of the interior so this is more of a high places report if anything.

Gasholder 7 is one of four holders on this plot of land that originally stored town gas produced by the Nine Elms Gasworks down the road. The other 3 are submerged structures and work is well underway on pulling them apart. Lots of info on their website: Battersea Gas Holders.

The holder viewed from the south side.

mibbyne.jpg

Half way up.

5w54CDq.jpg

Looking south.

whpsiXs.jpg

..north.

bsbBsvp.jpg

New residential builds and the US Embassy site.

VsVmuc4.jpg

North again.

sYEjVZ3.jpg

Stairs downwards.

GE7pQxn.jpg

Slightly terrifying suspended walkway @_@ ~ about a 280 foot drop from here.

pR3ltmi.jpg

Totally worth going before it gets pulled down.

Last edited:

raisinwing

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Sweet shots, would love to of got around to seeing this, don't think I will have chance though. :(

zombizza

Sore Knee
Regular User
Wow. I thought this was gone. Really nice to see it is still there. I'm tempted to go and have a lookie

Rik UE

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wow great to see this come up again!

Anyone around next week to take a gander?

I heard it was a bit of a nightmare, but maybe not, perhaps that means that Gabe is going to do it "one last time" :D

Nice report thanks for sharing :)

Gabe

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
When we did it last year it was a twat, but without it being such a twat we wouldnt of high fived each other like we did afterwards.

Seffy

Staff member
When we did it last year it was a twat, but without it being such a twat we wouldnt of high fived each other like we did afterwards.

Yep, was a total bitch, but gave the most satisfying feeling walking away from it afterwards. If we'd have just walked it, that feeling wouldn't have been so great :D

zombizza

Sore Knee
Regular User
A little warning - sadly a little tighter now.
Pitched up. Noticed lights on in office next to entrance but thought we'd give it a go.
Struggling to squeeze through, then big man with machete turns up "why you here? Don't move or I'll cut you"
Haha
"Why do you keep coming here every night? For the last 5 nights?"
So obviously there has been a lot of attempts and so he is on the ball.
Looked more phased and bemused than anything else, but the blade was a good 24inches long.
Such a disappointment.

The_Raw

Staff member
Cracking shots as per :thumb

Here's a few of my grainy efforts rather than posting a full report up....

14699833233_6cee614ea0_b.jpg

Crappy shot of the super moon which looked amazing
14509909628_d8a447314f_b.jpg

Inside the roof
14502849228_c366869df7_b.jpg

14689419905_fd603f3a81_b.jpg

14689454155_b78417ca15_b.jpg

14503667459_d5034e8b4e_b.jpg

14716359923_ffa19e2b34_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: