real time web analytics
Report - - Mandale Mine Derbyshire August '18 | Mines and Quarries | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Mandale Mine Derbyshire August '18

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

alex17595

Down t'pit
Regular User
Hi, is the mine safe enough to venture in? I've not done a under ground explore before. Thinking of going

There is no such thing as a 'safe' mine especially if you have never been underground before. But as I started out visiting mines by myself I'm not going to give you a safety lecture.
I went in the aqueduct level and it was full of flying insects and was particularly unpleasant. I think both entrances are now 'derbyshire key.' The sough is just below the path but I believe that there's usually water in it - when I went was during the drought last year.

I'm always up for a trip if you're interested.

danny2007

Lord Of Dead Side
28DL Full Member
Thanks for replying buddy the info is really helpful!
I've got a few places on my list I'm looking at going and this was in the "Maybe" pile. Trying to prepare it all for when work calms down a bit and I get chance to do some outings.

Awesome dude I'll make a note and let you know when I'm available.

CaverPete

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi Danny2007. As alex19595 says there are no safe mines. There are lots of local mine explorers that way and it might be a good idea to try to make a contact to come with you via here or UKCaving forum so you can at least get some safety and conservation advice on your first trip into a mine. Here specifically are flooded workings and unstable stopes, none of which are necessarily a reason to stop you going, but do require great care. The site also floods in wet weather periods.

danny2007

Lord Of Dead Side
28DL Full Member
Hi Pete thank you for your reply!
Thank you for the heads up, I will defiantly look more into this

Who has read this thread (Total: 178) View details