real time web analytics
Report - - Meaford Service Resevoir | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Meaford Service Resevoir

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

xMatherZz

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
My report on Meaford Service Reservoir, not much to say really,the pictures do most of the talking...

The entrance:
IMG_2683.JPG

One of the entrance hatches:
IMG_2671.JPG

Inside the Resevoir:
IMG_2633.JPG

The pillars inside the Resevoir:
IMG_2629.JPG

Saying anything inside this place echoes so loudly it makes it very difficult to communicate. Its quite an amazing experience.

Thanks for reading and viewing :)

Attachments

• IMG_2684.JPG
    IMG_2684.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 188

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Pity the Photos don't say anything about the History of the place or the Month or Year of visit. Not everyone knows it which is why History or info et is always added to posts....or should be)
Any further internal pics would be preferable to a pic of some angle iron frame I'd suggest .

xMatherZz

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Here's some more photos, it took to long to upload them all at the same time (Visit date: 10/10/2015):
Bits of extra info,
  • Interestingly, there is a second reservoir adjacent to the empty one which is full, I wouldn't have thought it's still in use, but seems a bit odd, since the other one is totally empty.
  • There's a pipe which seems to be labelled to the old (Now demolished) power station
  • This reservoir used to hold treated drinking water, so supplied the surrounding area with its drinking water.
  • Its easy to get to the site, you can park right outside and simply climb through the hatch on top of the reservoir.
Through the first door you see pipes and other plumbing:
IMG_2673.JPG

Animals have fell down the hatch before....
IMG_2636.JPG

The ladders in fine condition
IMG_2658.JPG

What remains of the door:
IMG_2678.JPG

Yet more pipes:
IMG_2647.JPG

These are my best pics as my lighting was awful, I hope this suffices for time being ;)

Thanks for reading and for the advice, :)

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details