real time web analytics
Meeting up with strangers for explores | General Exploring Chat Forum | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Meeting up with strangers for explores

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Common theme here = Pub :thumb

If anyone is about in Manc next week and fancies a cold one get in touch :thumb

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
None of us would really know each other if we didn't meet here, and then in real life. Plus, if they've been here a while, this chap is likely toknow more about the game than you do. If you're really scared meet in a pub :)

Where he can takes his clothes off :thumb

Paradox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You're probably more likely to meet a serial killer in the pub than doing this, unless the serial killer has already identified which sites are off the "urbex" tourist/secca track and have deemed it a "safe" killing location.

Having said that no site is safe from bumping into another explorer - I once took to a potential victim to a site only to discover someone was already there! Damn you explorers "shakes fist at you all"

On a more serious note if you're concerned meet up in a non-UE location (pub) first with some of your mates and then decide how you feel. I've met some awesome people here and bumped into randoms at a location and had no bother. Go with your gut instinct it's usually right :D

The Stig

Urbex = Nosey Bastard
28DL Full Member
Ive met some great folks whilst on here, one I say is my best mate who now has moved over to Sweden which has given me some great trips away to explore in different countries

Only real advice I say is keep away from people who thinks its cool to wear hawaiian shirts

AuntieKnickers

inquisitive historian
28DL Full Member
Some of the nicest people i have met have been through here, on piss ups and in random buildings...... i'm honoured to call them friends.... well some people lol

Just think he is probably thinking the same as you :)

anubis

28" Member
28DL Full Member
I'd prob only worry if the first line in a darkened explore was something like "...shall we all do a shot for the Page 3 Lovelies NSFW thread..." ;)

__howdy__

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ive met some great folks whilst on here, one I say is my best mate who now has moved over to Sweden which has given me some great trips away to explore in different countries

Only real advice I say is keep away from people who thinks its cool to wear hawaiian shirts

I actually just came across this an hour after making this post: http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/long-time-lurker-hi-from-sweden.t98117 - Is said person still in Sweden and still into UrbEx? I appreciate this post was made 5 years ago.

Maniac

rebmeM LD82
Regular User
Some of the most amazing people I've ever had the privilege to call my friends have been met through this very forum and this hobby, we were all strangers once, just be sensible. If there's more than one of you and only one of them then this guy who has offered you some help would have every right to be more wary of you as a group than you should be of him.