real time web analytics
Information - - Merseyrail Tunnel System - Subterranean Lake with boat plus some unfinished headings... | Underground Sites | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Merseyrail Tunnel System - Subterranean Lake with boat plus some unfinished headings...

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

CureForPain

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is exactly what you're looking for, I think!

FB_IMG_1676134901289.jpg

FB_IMG_1676134908964.jpg

FB_IMG_1676135437769.jpg

These were taken by a rail engineer and posted in the Mersey Railways group.

It's not a 'lake' exactly but a header tunnel/sump. Apparently a rowing boat is indeed used for engineering inspections..

There's a fantastic report written by the engineer who built the tunnels, published in 1886. Lots of detailed diagrams and descriptions: The Mersey Railway

bobdobelina

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is exactly what you're looking for, I think!

FB_IMG_1676134901289.jpg

FB_IMG_1676134908964.jpg

FB_IMG_1676135437769.jpg

These were taken by a rail engineer and posted in the Mersey Railways group.

It's not a 'lake' exactly but a header tunnel/sump. Apparently a rowing boat is indeed used for engineering inspections..

There's a fantastic report written by the engineer who built the tunnels, published in 1886. Lots of detailed diagrams and descriptions: The Mersey Railway
On the photo where you can see the two tunnels splitting off into two, where is that, Hamilton square? I got on there last night and there are cameras everywhere. I suspect itโ€™s the same at every station. You may get in but good luck getting out without being arrested

danthedrummer34

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hamilton Square or James Street, jumping down that hole after the last train is asking for it, need to wait until its closed for the night..

danthedrummer34

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hamilton Square or James Street, jumping down that hole after the last train is asking for it, need to wait until its closed for the night..

Who has read this thread (Total: 495) View details