real time web analytics
Report - - MG Rover plant, Longbridge January 2017 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - MG Rover plant, Longbridge January 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

roverchippy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This has been done a few times times now, but demolition has started on a fundamental part of the remaining part of the factory, as the next phase of demolition has started. This will see the disposal of CAB2 (Car assembly building). This will leave only CAB1, sales centre, conference centre and the development & technical centre currently used by MG. These photos (much which are CAB2) will most likely be the last photos taken of the line

On the day we visited, we watched as the final shells were lifted off the tracks, and saw the first of the shells strapped on low loaders leaving the site. A third of CAB2 has now gone.

Lots more photos available, but only chose to upload a select few. Let me know if you would like to see any more.

Enjoy!

20170120_170019.jpg

20170120_171256.jpg

20170120_175739.jpg

DSC02015.jpg

DSC02047.jpg

DSC02087.jpg

DSC02093.jpg

DSC02113.jpg

DSC02127.jpg

DSC02129.jpg

DSC02151.jpg

DSC02152.jpg

DSC02154.jpg

DSC02155.jpg

DSC02156.jpg

DSC02166.jpg

DSC02179.jpg

DSC02195.jpg

DSC02200.jpg

DSC02204.jpg

DSC02205.jpg

DSC02208.jpg

DSC02210.jpg

DSC02216.jpg

DSC02241.jpg

DSC02250.jpg

DSC02260.jpg

DSC02277.jpg

DSC02287.jpg

DSC02303.jpg

img host

Last edited:

ashdeman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cool pics can't believe there is so much stuff in there still! Was that a line of brand new cars just sitting there on your second to last pic?!

roverchippy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cool pics can't believe there is so much stuff in there still! Was that a line of brand new cars just sitting there on your second to last pic?!
Yes, parts of the factory are still being used for the new car storage for MG Motor UK.

See MG.co.uk

John bridge

28DL Member
28DL Member
Why doesn't anyone ask M.G. To help save the little that is left.When you think of all the people who's lives were devastated on the closure of M.G. Rover. To see your pictures and to hear of all that's left being scrapped and dumped into skips is shameful, every picture tells a story even the items in the lockers belonged to someone who devoted their lives to Longbridge. Millions of people bought vehicles from Austin, M.G. Rover etc etc manufactured in Longbridge and would love to see the documents in your photos collected from M.G. And given to the motor. Museums of Britain for future generations to appreciate and to realise what a wonderful motor industry we once had in Britain. Parts of this time capsule must be saved and I believe it would be wonderful P.R for M.G. And the saic motor corporation. So anyone able to help save all this documentation please do so and if I can do anything to help I have a business in South Wales but I would be only too happy to help.I once helped to get original carltonware pattern books once thought lost for ever back to the Hanley museum in the potteries.

roverchippy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Why doesn't anyone ask M.G. To help save the little that is left.When you think of all the people who's lives were devastated on the closure of M.G. Rover. To see your pictures and to hear of all that's left being scrapped and dumped into skips is shameful, every picture tells a story even the items in the lockers belonged to someone who devoted their lives to Longbridge. Millions of people bought vehicles from Austin, M.G. Rover etc etc manufactured in Longbridge and would love to see the documents in your photos collected from M.G. And given to the motor. Museums of Britain for future generations to appreciate and to realise what a wonderful motor industry we once had in Britain. Parts of this time capsule must be saved and I believe it would be wonderful P.R for M.G. And the saic motor corporation. So anyone able to help save all this documentation please do so and if I can do anything to help I have a business in South Wales but I would be only too happy to help.I once helped to get original carltonware pattern books once thought lost for ever back to the Hanley museum in the potteries.
They wont do it.

Really don't give a damn

John bridge

28DL Member
28DL Member
If there are anymore is there any chance I could have a look.

John Bridge

Last edited by a moderator:

Burridge

28DL Member
28DL Member
what a shame, might try to get there but its gone. access easy ?
Had a nip down there today, well I say nip, I'm 60 miles away but like driving, paha, that and it's the place my Cooper S was first conceived. It's completely flattened and there's fencing around the whole site, there's one side where thaeres a large gate with lots of overgrown hedges behind it, all I could spot was a sort of street light for the plant and the road leading up, Gate W I think it was. Didn't try to get inside, didn't look too easy!

Thangam

28DL Member
28DL Member
hi, I have been wanting to visit longbridge - is it still worth it now or has the CAB2 been demolished. I want to know if its worth going because i live in newcastle and don't want to travel all that way to find nothing lol. Thanks in advance