real time web analytics
Report - - Mid Wales Hosptial, Talgarth: The Sorry Demise, 2004-2020 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Mid Wales Hosptial, Talgarth: The Sorry Demise, 2004-2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Dazzlers125

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice post. Fascinating. With things like this you always know the plan is to let it get into such a state that theres no alternative but to flatten in, therefore no objections. When ownibg buildings it should be law that you have to maintain it or it can be compulsory purchased.

zombizza

Sore Knee
Regular User
Very nice
I loved this place, as decay really is my thing.
I haven't seen any up to date pics from here. Anyone been recently? Would love to know what state it is in now.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Very nice
I haven't seen any up to date pics from here. Anyone been recently? Would love to know what state it is in now.

I see photos from time to time on Facebook, most of the floors have now collapsed, and the ones that are left on the upper floors are too weak to navigate and the hall is a mess.

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Thanks for keeping us all entertained again!
Fantastic write-up and lots of evocative photos - reminds me I never got an asylum in the snow, and you're right, does seem to suit them.

And did you find any / anything else interesting?

Yeh we found some Brecon and Radnor patient uniform buttons. Cant remember there being too much else of interest tho. Whatever could slip through the cracks in the floorboards. We were convinced we would find a tip there like Denbigh but never did. One local suggested they dumped all their rubbish in a nearby quarry thats been filled in now.

hiddenrose

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Very nice
I visited 2019 but I'm just a newbie and was sadly scared off by the CCTV and signage! Thoroughly regret not having a better look now.
I did my first report on it, accidentally put the month I uploaded in the title rather than the month I visited (Aug 2019) but it was a first attempt!! https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/threads/mid-wales-hospital-talgarth-dec-2019.121104/

If anyone is up for visiting after lockdown I would love to join!

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
I visited 2019 but I'm just a newbie and was sadly scared off by the CCTV and signage! Thoroughly regret not having a better look now.
I did my first report on it, accidentally put the month I uploaded in the title rather than the month I visited (Aug 2019) but it was a first attempt!! https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/threads/mid-wales-hospital-talgarth-dec-2019.121104/

If anyone is up for visiting after lockdown I would love to join!

There really isn't any CCTV, never has been. The dome cameras you see are from when the business park was in operation some 15+ years ago now

raisinwing

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Somehow missed this when you posted it up last month! What an epic report, thoroughly enjoyed that. You've done an amazing job of documenting the changes over the years.

hiddenrose

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There really isn't any CCTV, never has been. The dome cameras you see are from when the business park was in operation some 15+ years ago now
Add to my regret at not having a better nosey why don't ya!! Ah well, probably for the best anyway as I would have been going in alone which would have been risky!

Fluffy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Absolutely stunning. I'm gutted I've never been here; even more gutting I wasn't exploring back when this place was at its prime.
This is an incredible report of a beautiful place. From someone who's never been, thank you for this.

Who has read this thread (Total: 387) View details