real time web analytics
Report - - Middleport Culvert Stoke - June 2023 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Middleport Culvert Stoke - June 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Mr Budge

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Visited here one evening in june with @mingerocket & @MotionlessMike

A hot chaffing walk in waders was in order to meet up with the others after ending up on the wrong side of the canal.

The entrance to this culvert looked quite promising, tucked behind a corner of derelict wasteland the river flows through and looks to come out from two possible outfalls downstream towards Festival park.

A short walk down the in fall brings you to a gradual right hand bend introducing a shared sewage pipe above that thankfully disappears behind a thick concrete wall.

The culvert then turns to boring modern day concrete box and goes straight for some time with the water level slows rising.

The water level goes from just over wellie to waist depth over time and the thick silty sh*t starts to turn up a lot of sulfur (not enough for the 4 gas to kick off mind).

I decided to see how far i could push, but a sudden drop which i couldn't reach without breaching my waders was met and the silt & sulfur only seemed to get worse.

we decided to call it a day and mess around with some light painting before leaving.​

Photo-443.jpg

Photo-441.jpg

Photo-440.jpg

Photo-437.jpg

Photo-439.jpg

Photo-438.jpg

Photo-442.jpg

Talks of coming back with a dingy to reach the outfall were had but will probably not materialize.

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Some bloody scary mice down there 😆 lol , good effort under tuff conditions