real time web analytics
Report - - Millenium Tower, Media-City Manchester [November 2016] | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Millenium Tower, Media-City Manchester [November 2016]

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

PatientTheory

Yung explorer
28DL Full Member
Information
It is not to be confused by the never-built London Millennium Tower (which could’ve gone up to 386 metres!). The dual building is a residential highrise located on the eastern side of the Media City Quays. The tallest one of the two is 67 metres, and the shorter one (Millennium Point) at around 45 metres. Designed to suit the modernised skyline of Salford, it has a rather minimalistic approach. Luckily not a lot of information can be salvaged from the internet, so I don’t have to type up much.

yRq4pSE.jpg

The explore

Accidently did both the buildings because we got the entry wrong the first time. With Salford being a minimised version of canary wharf, trying to pick a building to do was like being in a candy shop. The first roof was the shorter millennium point. It was an absolute joke, with residents eagerly watching 2 climbers from the taller tower while smoking a cigarette. We decided to just stay and take photos, anticipating the police to come at any moment.

Millennium tower right there. Our access point was way off. At least it provided some pretty decent views.

S2X8LL9.jpg

dAso4zF.jpg

Anchorage building below.

gDlJ4Oy.jpg

One can see a faint portion of the BBC studio at the end of the light trail.

chOxs3x.jpg

We made our way up the Millennium tower, where the residents watched us from. A gift of our presence for not calling the authority. Crazy view from the top of the taller building. I only managed to get one photo from the top, but it was worth it.

yBFZl7H.jpg

:cool::cool::cool:

Explored with @Bolts .​

Last edited:

Pooonana

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Have you ever thought about climbing the building that is still be constructed. I'm thinking about doing it but, I'm just not sure if it's too open.
:thumb