real time web analytics
Report - - Millennium Mills, October '16 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Millennium Mills, October '16

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

KitsuneUK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Visited with two non-members.
This is my first report, so ill try my best.

History
[From wikipedia] The Millennium Mills is a derelict turn of 20th century flour mill in West Silvertown on the south side of the Royal Victoria Dock, between the Thames Barrier and the ExCel exhibition centre alongside the newly built Britannia village, in Newham, London, England. Along with Millennium Mills, there remains a small section of the now destroyed Rank Hovis Premier Mill and a restored grade II listed grain silo, labelled the 'D' silo. Described as a "decaying industrial anachronism standing defiant and alone in the surrounding subtopia", the Millennium Mills has become a well-loved icon of post-industrial Britain and has made its way into many aspects of popular culture, being used as a backdrop in films and television shows such as Ashes to Ashes and Derek Jarman's The Last of England. Millennium Mills is also a destination for Urban Explorers despite high security, dangers of structural weakness, ten-storey drops and asbestos, and there are many reports and internal photos of the site.

The Explore
There was no security or dogs on the site whatsoever, which we immediately thought weird (it was mid-day on a Sunday) but we continued on regardless. Once inside (which was awfully difficult) we discovered that a lot of the rooms had been boarded up and were impossible to get into. The upper floors have a lot of holes in them making them very difficult to navigate safely. There was a small rectangular office which had the sign "guard dogs inside" so we left that area as soon as possible.

Photos
We were only in for about 30 mins and im still getting used to the camera, so sorry for quality/lack of photos.

30131988231_8625d6698d_o_d.jpg

29587897323_deeca42a67_o_d.jpg
30102654742_48e5ce31d5_o_d.jpg

30132054511_d3dab9a299_o_d.jpg
30102665152_3a727e03bd_o_d.jpg
30102681932_a69c2b8c91_o_d.jpg
30132089251_bcdf6349dd_o_d.jpg
30102687332_031c56f8c0_o_d.jpg

e5bb596fcb.jpg
aff9747027.jpg
c92cc6de5c.jpg
b10183dc3a.jpg

Sorry for lack of pictures inside, this was our first explore.
More pictures can be found on my flickr.

Thanks for reading/looking - Ryan

Last edited:

The_Raw

Staff member
You've not done a bad job with the photos, first one is spot on. There's not much left to see inside now anyway but you could still get up to the roof when I last went a couple of months back. There's more than 1 staircase....

KitsuneUK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You've not done a bad job with the photos. There's not much left to see inside anyway now but you could still get up to the roof when I last went a couple of months back. There's more than 1 staircase....
Wish we could've stayed longer and checked it out, we had limited time so we took as many pictures as possible while on the ground. maybe next time, ill be around there again this friday.

jcreedy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The Rank Hovis bit was untouched the last time I went. Is that still the case?

KitsuneUK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
any pics from inside at all?
unfortunately not, hoping to revisit sometime during the near future. it was our first visit so we werent really focused on taking pictures, more just exploring lol