real time web analytics
Report - - Mitchell shackleton-27/7/07 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Mitchell shackleton-27/7/07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

R

romanian1

Following hot on the heels of OT, myself and lawrence decided to check out this huge marine engineering companys vulcan works site in eccles as we were impressed by the scale in OT's pictures, we werent to be dissapointed.

Anyway, a quick bit of history to begin.

After founding the company in 1887, when work on the Manchester Ship Canal began, Ernest Mitchell relocated his engineering works to the current Green Lane premises in 1908 before joining forces with Edwin Shackleton. The company went on to create a successful crankshaft manufacturing and repair company for customers worldwide.

Green Lane was an area inhabited by keen engineering entrepreneurs at the turn of the last century. Inventor of the steam hammer, James Nasmyth, had premises there also.

DSCF5787.jpg

DSCF5795.jpg

I have that many bloody safe Pics what with there being at least one in every building ive explored that i thought id go for a detailed shot rather than my customary full picture
DSCF5689.jpg

Looking down the main building from the offices, ive never seen so much broken glass in my life, every single roof skylight is smashed in a good 500m run, you certainly arent moving stealthily in there.
DSCF5673.jpg

On her majestys (secret) service
DSCF5682.jpg

Lawrence couldnt resist a go on the crane.
DSCF5693.jpg

Anyone that knows me will know the inane look of delight i had on my face when i found this beauty:D
DSCF5748.jpg

DSCF5716.jpg

DSCF5744.jpg

DSCF5719.jpg

DSCF5769.jpg

DSCF5764.jpg

DSCF5731.jpg

DSCF5753.jpg

Lawrence

Born With A Beard
28DL Full Member
Re: Mitchell shackleton-27/7/07-REPORT