real time web analytics
Report - - Moorgreen Hospital, Hedge End. May 2015 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Moorgreen Hospital, Hedge End. May 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

quattrodave

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Evening all. I've dipped into this site for a couple of years now but never joined as I didn't think I'd get the opportunity to visit any worth sites, let alone get long enough to take some photo's and have a proper mosey around.

However a recent career move into the housebuilding sector has given me the opportunity to visit some interesting sites, one of which is Moorgreen which I visited today.

Having read a few site visits on here I'm fairly sure that my entry to the site was a little more unusual insomuch that I got the key out of my pocket and unlocked the perimeter fence and then the front door!

I only really spent time in the main building today, going straight up to the second floor then working my way back to the ground and then slowly round the corridor linked hallways.

First thing that struck me was just how much destruction has already occurred inside the building from those charming folks in society who are looking for copper and lead to sell on. Barely a room went by without a lump hammer sized hole in the walls. We even found a 3m ladder that they'd been using to access the loft space.

Some of the rear parts of the building were suffering water ingress which had turned the plaster into a quicksand type mulch on the floor. Made for some very interesting dance moves whilst navigating over it!

Very little remains inside the building save for the original radiators which are now quite valuable items and the occasional rackmount for servers and a strangely very full store cupboard halfway along the main link corridor to the secondary buidlings.

I think I've probably waffled on enough so I'll let you see the photo's now. Apologies in advance for the quality/content. Whilst not being rushed I felt like I shouldn't be taking too long to get photo's all artsy and just right whilst I'm being watched by construction guys so some are a bit iffy!

DSC_3974.JPG
DSC_3976.JPG
DSC_3977.JPG
DSC_3978.JPG
DSC_3979.JPG
DSC_3985.JPG
DSC_3987.JPG
DSC_3988.JPG
DSC_3994.JPG
DSC_3995.JPG
DSC_3996.JPG
DSC_3998.JPG
DSC_3999.JPG
DSC_4000.JPG
DSC_4001.JPG
DSC_4003.JPG
DSC_4008.JPG
DSC_4010.JPG
DSC_4013.JPG
DSC_4016.JPG
DSC_4017.JPG
DSC_4023.JPG
DSC_4025.JPG
DSC_4026.JPG

Kaplan

Procrastinator
28DL Full Member
Trashed but a good effort :thumb
Used to work near Hedge End years ago, didn't know this was there.

woody1112

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
looks in better nick than my local hospital! cheers for sticking up a report :thumb