real time web analytics
Report - - Moss Head & Spion Kop slate mines, Coniston - August 2015 | Mines and Quarries | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Moss Head & Spion Kop slate mines, Coniston - August 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Mutagen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Excellent. But I suggest the problem is mist rather than dust, not that that helps.
It was definitely airborne particles that looked, smelled and tasted like rock dust. Reminded me of working underground in a potash mine. Ruined a lot of my shots!

The Franconian

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I like your report and that mines, especially I do like the combination with the onground shots. Makes the report double good. thanks
(just a thought: some satellite lamps maybe, where possible, to avoid dust reflections)

stonemonkey

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
great report and great pics mate. how far did you end up goin in? iv done abit in the coppermines valley myself, abbed down some of those abyss features you talk about (vains) about 100 metres in total and came out at hospital level. absolutely bonkers in there as if youv seen the sheer size of the vains you will know. quite a hostile enviroment. 2 weekends of my life which left me in tole awe at what i had just experienced down there. if i sit back and think about when i was in there i have to pinch myself to make sure im not dreaming..... still.
every credit to you for even going in there on your own. :thumb

Keynsham

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It was definitely airborne particles that looked, smelled and tasted like rock dust. Reminded me of working underground in a potash mine. Ruined a lot of my shots!
Sorry I should not have doubted it, thought the mines were too wet to be dusty. You are probably right about it being a recent fall which is scary.

trailboss99

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Mate that place is the duck's guts! It would take a hell of a lot of light to do it justice, what's one of those little Honda 1kva inverter gennys weigh I wonder . . .

Altair

Poking holes since '84
28DL Full Member
Bloody hell, that's a bit of alright! Fantastic pictures there and a very interesting write up too. 'Adds to bucket list' :)

Smarticus

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Superb lighting. I have spent years taking pictures in the quarries and mines in Cumbria and still haven't achieved the lighting effects you have managed in the large open spaces in here. What are you using ?