real time web analytics
Report - - Motor Showroom, Exeter, Devon, June 2020 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Motor Showroom, Exeter, Devon, June 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Cortinalights

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
OK so my earlier stuff was better (have you seen the sugar factory in Italy) but we gotta go out and find something and this is what I found.

It's Vospers Motor Showroom in Exeter, which was the main Ford dealer in town and was previously known as Exeter Ford and Evans Halshaw. The original showroom was built in the late 1960s on the site of a former leather factory, with a parts department and workshop to the rear, and with the showroom receiving an aluminium clad face-lift in the late 1980s to tart the place up. Later the company also became the Fiat dealer.

The showroom closed earlier this year when Ford moved to bigger brand new premises on the other side of the industrial estate.

We explored this in June, just after we came out of the major lockdown and to be honest it was a little disappointing once we got in because there was nothing left inside and no access to the workshops at the rear. About the only find was a pile of insulation wool which had fallen out of the ceiling. It was one of the weirdest explores though because it was so public and we could see people just walking past outside but no-one seemed to notice us. We looked around the showroom and all the offices off to the sides.

By chance I happened to be passing by again in September and got a few shots of the building nearly demolished. The first photo was taken in 2016 at the launch event for the new Ford Mustang.

So it's something to show I'm still out there having a sniff around, meant to get the pictures up before it was demolished but as you can see that didn't happen.

Last edited:

jdoom21

28DL Member
28DL Member
I went here in the late sumer of last year. I tried to get into the building itself but security/demo crew asked me to leave. Is it all gone now?

Cortinalights

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I went here in the late sumer of last year. I tried to get into the building itself but security/demo crew asked me to leave. Is it all gone now?
Yes unfortunately it's more than gone now, the building replacing it is well on its way up now, shame you couldn't see it but there really wasn't much to see anyway

Who has read this thread (Total: 351) View details