real time web analytics
Report - - Motspur Park Gas Holders | High Stuff | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Motspur Park Gas Holders

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

zombizza

Sore Knee
Regular User
Looks good. Did you go up to the top? As I'm surprised you only showed pictures from the 1st level.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
You don't need a harness, just grit your teeth if scared of heights, stick some music on to keep your mind occupied if that helps, I guarantee once you've flown up here there will be no stopping you :p

Just requires a confidence boost and a boot up own arse :thumb

GAJ

Mr Muscle
28DL Full Member
There's platforms all the way up so just sit down at each one, catch your breath & realise you're one closer to the top. Gas holders aren't the most confidence inspiring climbs as all the ladders wobble & you're fully exposed to the inside of the structure. Bizarrely, having a half cage round the ladder makes them a little bit more challenging mentally than an open ladder as you'll find yourself either leaning towards the cage, catching anything you've brought with you on every cross member, or you'll realise early on it's easier to climb leaning slightly in towards the gas holder so nothing catches on the cage. Either way, the ladders on these ones are definitely safe, despite how they feel, so now you know how to get in, go at your own pace & enjoy it :thumb

B

BallingCal

Right, so I've been around the entire set of buildings and the meters themselves, Josh, but apart from walking along the rails at WP station, I can't see a way in. I did go through Sir Joseph park's alley way and follow that really, really long mud trail for ages, but I just reached a brook, and even if I was happy wading through it, there was a 10-odd foot high barbed wire fence in the way.

I've just made this account, so I got a chance to glance at the rules and it says asking about/ sharing details on how to enter places is taboo, apparently. Still, hopefully you can help.

Maybe we could meet and do it together - I'm very local!

Cheers.

Pearsonia

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Right, so I've been around the entire set of buildings and the meters themselves, Josh, but apart from walking along the rails at WP station, I can't see a way in. I did go through Sir Joseph park's alley way and follow that really, really long mud trail for ages, but I just reached a brook, and even if I was happy wading through it, there was a 10-odd foot high barbed wire fence in the way.

I've just made this account, so I got a chance to glance at the rules and it says asking about/ sharing details on how to enter places is taboo, apparently. Still, hopefully you can help.

Maybe we could meet and do it together - I'm very local!

Cheers.
That'd be great mate.

I'm reluctant to share any info online as SGN check forums like these on a regular basis. Especially as since posting, SGN have added some security measures!

Also trespassing on Network Rail is a criminal offence and up to a £5000 fine, not to mention the palisade is less worn on that side.

Message me when you're free and i'm happy to meet in the area!

Last edited:
B

BallingCal

You'll have to PM me. I'm a new user and don't have that 'privilege'.

Last edited by a moderator:

Seffy

Staff member
Good effort guys, I just love seeing more and more gas, not sure what it is about these things!

One good piece of advice, as mentioned by Ojay, is to put some music in. That genuinely works a treat, as you can just effectively shut yourself off from the world around you and just get on with it. You're in your own world and I personally love that feeling :)

Pearsonia

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good effort guys, I just love seeing more and more gas, not sure what it is about these things!

One good piece of advice, as mentioned by Ojay, is to put some music in. That genuinely works a treat, as you can just effectively shut yourself off from the world around you and just get on with it. You're in your own world and I personally love that feeling :)
Thanks for the advice mate!
The most recent revisit ended very badly. Upon climbing the first level and avoiding a passing trains sight, I heard a loud clunk. Upon looking down, an SGN and G4S truck entered the site!
I climbed down to the base and waited about 40 minutes until they left. I think they may be assessing the area (they must be aware of this post). Nothing like a bit of a challenge though, so I may or may not visit again ;)

B

BallingCal

How's that possible?! There's no road leading into the gasometers!

GAJ

Mr Muscle
28DL Full Member
Don't discuss access on a public forum please. Like many places, this site has always had a few ways in, let's face it, the graffers got to it before we did, you just have to search for them or be brave ;)

Paradox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Proper nice that :thumb, I really like gas holders they have a certain loveliness to them. Think I need to get my arse in to gear and get myself up on one before they all disappear :D

Pearsonia

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Proper nice that :thumb, I really like gas holders they have a certain loveliness to them. Think I need to get my arse in to gear and get myself up on one before they all disappear :D
They're going very fast, perfect excuse to use if caught also!

Who has read this thread (Total: 195) View details