real time web analytics
Report - - N.A.T.O Quarry, France. | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - N.A.T.O Quarry, France.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
This place is epic. Originally a stone quarry from the turn of the last century, this extensive underground space was also home to a NATO bunker. The only thing I can compair this to is Burlington, judging by the photos I have seen of it.

The bunker is stripped out, but it is nottoo hard to work out what was going on down there. We were lead by our guides to one of the best features of the quarry, a collection of almost mint condition tanks and armoured cars! The condition really is amazing, and the turret can be rotated with just one fingeron the wheel. White the other explorers we went to the quarry with drooled overthe tanks, Myself and OT went back into the bunker for a better dig around. On one huge rubbish tip I made some great discoveries... old direction signs, which gave an insight into the function of the bunker. I also found american fanta and coke bottles, and american cans of pop and beer... obv some yanks had been stationed there at some point.

The roadway in the centre of the bunker is one of the biggest and most impressive underground structures I have seen to date.

ss16of18.jpg

ss17of18.jpg

ss18of18.jpg

ss2of18.jpg

ss3of18.jpg

ss4of18.jpg

ss5of18.jpg

ss6of18.jpg

ss7of18.jpg

ss8of18.jpg