real time web analytics
Report - - Nairnshire ROC Post, Inverness Group - 10-10-08 | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Nairnshire ROC Post, Inverness Group - 10-10-08

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

zimbob

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Visited this with Bryag a couple of nights back, we believed it to be sealed, so it was just to be a quick case of documenting it from the outside...

When we got to the post, we discovered the welds were a real half-assed job, and had failed completely

So we opened 'er up :

sunnysideetc017.jpg

I was about to clamber in, when eagle-eyed Bryag noticed something was missing :eek:

Some git had made off with the pump, and more importantly, the ladder :mad:

We're nothing if not determined though, so I got some rope, and some wood, a couple of days later we returned, et voila :

cawdorroc002.jpg

Access was ours :D

Given that the pump and ladder were gone, we expected this to be completely stripped out...

There was a bit of smell, 3 dead rabbits lived here :(

Imagine my delight upon descending into the darkness to see a red light blinking at me in the Post - a working t*****k :thumb:thumb

(picture is deliberately under-exposed, to show light )

cawdorroc037.jpg

This was a first for me, seen a few of these, but never one connected and working Yes, we tried it, no, no-one came :p

Next to it was this fella :

cawdorroc035.jpg

Old-school t******k, this post was turning into a real gem, especially after the initial impressions.

cawdorroc003.jpg

Poignant last message from the Corps :

cawdorroc047.jpg

Home-made stuff, we suspect this was still 'live' though the battery was goosed, probably just as well, or Lord knows what we'd have tried :rolleyes:

cawdorroc025.jpg

Glitto :D

cawdorroc014.jpg

Sounds like fun :

cawdorroc032.jpg

Good old BT :thumb

cawdorroc043.jpg

Looking back :

sunnysideetc015.jpg

Peach of a post, that working t******k really made it for me, as well as seeing the old one​

Last edited by a moderator: