real time web analytics
National Urbex Blacklist | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

National Urbex Blacklist

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Adzitude

Lost_Property_Devon
28DL Full Member
Hi all

I'm sick to death of sellouts, vandals and general idiots in urbex. I hate the bad name they give us in the media, how they get places outed and turned up by the tourbus, I'm sick of them.

I spoke to one guy who sold his story of 'look at this place I FELL ACROSS' and the greedy, clickbait media gobbles his story up, no thought for the future of the building.

I know this will come across as a rant and it basically is. But I'd f*cking love some kind of Blacklist we could make, nationally, to out these people....

Media sellouts, every one of them.

Vandals, obviously hard to prove without video evidence, but if there is 100% proof, on the list.

Serial sharers, I have known people who make a list of everywhere they know and share it publicly. You tell them it's not good for the community but you get 'I can do what I want with it'. List.

There is a group on Facebook for outing potential problem makers, but we need some kind of universal at-a-glance list to get this done.

It would help anyone who is unknowingly sharing info with these people to stop it, cut their leads and hopefully drive them out of urbex.

Breathe

xtrmhiker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Back in the late 80’s, early 90’s, Massachusetts got fed up with the taggers and vandals going into the Kirkbride Asylum Buildings that the newspapers reported on by interviewing explorers. So they passed a law that just trespassing alone would get you a mandatory minimum of 1 year jail time, if caught, courtesy of the local sheriff. I believe 4 or 5 Northeaststates followed suit. The laws are still on the books but they’re usually left to the discretion of the local police.

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
Just remember the media can and will take pictures from a website like this and make a story up from it, sometimes they ask permission sometimes they don't, often they use the shots anyway.
You have to be careful you're outing the right people.

Adzitude

Lost_Property_Devon
28DL Full Member
Just remember the media can and will take pictures from a website like this and make a story up from it, sometimes they ask permission sometimes they don't, often they use the shots anyway.
You have to be careful you're outing the right people.
There was one guy I talked to who said that happened to him, but the paper even had his quotes, about how how he found it etc, I know papers are a law to themselves but surely they can't completely make up words from a person

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
There's a lot of that 'I didn't do it' bs as well, I agree.

I had my pictures of a local place taken from here and put on facebook, I asked for them to be removed and they were but it still got me some grief as it was thought I posted them, I don't even use Facebook, someone else told me they were there lol.

I think its been said before, the banned list from here is a good indicator and personally i think anyone with a YouTube channel is a safe bet to be a goon but I'm just saying be careful going down the road of outing people and putting them on a list.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I do agree, the problem I have is relating alias & avatar names to real names on social media etc.
Im pretty hopeless with names & faces tbh & have good friends saying "be careful u just commented on such & such post & they hang with youtubers" when I generally have no idea.
The list should have real name & all alias they may go under ;-)

Adzitude

Lost_Property_Devon
28DL Full Member
I do agree, the problem I have is relating alias & avatar names to real names on social media etc.
Im pretty hopeless with names & faces tbh & have good friends saying "be careful u just commented on such & such post & they hang with youtubers" when I generally have no idea.
The list should have real name & all alias they may go under ;-)
Absolutely bud, you'd hopefully have names, a picture and any aliases they went under. As urbex expands I think it really needs something like this to stay sustainable.

Shaun

28DL Regular User
28DL Full Member
While i think it would be near impossible and give the website a bad rep to people outside of urbex who may not see the same thing as issues. I'd say maybe a ban list from here maybe a good idea tho and a reason why they where banned.

Alexia3

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I think anyone with a YouTube channel is a safe bet to be a goon

In that case I hope I don't get black listed anywhere because (confession time) I have a channel, but I try to be responsible about it. My viewer numbers are small and that's okay. I explore and share because I enjoy both. I don't broadcast locations and only identify where I've videoed at if it's well known (and therefore already trashed). I hope to be an exeption to the a hole rule.
Also I'm not an exploring with btw.

AlexUrbex1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I get the principle of this and agree with it, but I can't see it will work. A bellend will always be a bellend and they are not looking for friends they are looking for followers.

I think this post stems from a video posted yesterday, 1 bellend 1 TV, I'll call it. I did a screenshot of his followers for his facebook page yesterday and it increased a lot and and I know I would have missed a lot of the increase as it was taken late evening. Name and shame, blacklisting I think will just give them more followers.

Adzitude

Lost_Property_Devon
28DL Full Member
I get the principle of this and agree with it, but I can't see it will work. A bellend will always be a bellend and they are not looking for friends they are looking for followers.

I think this post stems from a video posted yesterday, 1 bellend 1 TV, I'll call it. I did a screenshot of his followers for his facebook page yesterday and it increased a lot and and I know I would have missed a lot of the increase as it was taken late evening. Name and shame, blacklisting I think will just give them more followers.
You'll never stop them doing what they do, all I'd hope is to limit their locations, and red flag anyone who knows them and are thinks they are on the face of it cool, that this is what they do/have been doing. It's be hard to police but I really think it'd be worth it, eventually

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
It's going to be a very long list.May as well include all youtube goons
facebook group goons
and instagram goons

or just crack on , do your own thing and in general take the piss when you get chance

Adzitude

Lost_Property_Devon
28DL Full Member
It's going to be a very long list.May as well include all youtube goons
facebook group goons
and instagram goons

or just crack on , do your own thing and in general take the piss when you get chance
Christ that's a lot of gooning. I can handle them being around and ignoring them, but can't handle when what they do stops us doing what we do (in some locations at least)

Who has read this thread (Total: 210) View details