real time web analytics
Report - - Nato fuelling station - cambridgeshire Dec 2018 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Nato fuelling station - cambridgeshire Dec 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

explorationnoob

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Dont know much about the site other than what i have worked out as nothing seems to appear when searching online about it but there are certain chemicals that are used within aviation fuel listed on some of the buildings. It was nice to visit somewhere that isn't ruined and that hasn't got graffiti everywhere. Alot of things have been left untouched and is very peaceful.

IMG_1705.jpg

IMG_1588.jpg

IMG_1587.jpg

IMG_1590.jpg

IMG_1584.jpg

IMG_1592.jpg

IMG_1580.jpg

IMG_1581.jpg

IMG_1582.jpg

IMG_1600.jpg

IMG_1611.jpg

IMG_1627.jpg

IMG_1652.jpg

IMG_1654.jpg

IMG_1601.jpg

IMG_1625.jpg

IMG_1638.jpg

IMG_1662.jpg

IMG_1628.jpg

IMG_1609.jpg

IMG_1658.jpg

IMG_1613.jpg

IMG_1713.jpg

IMG_1683.jpg

IMG_1696.jpg

IMG_1718.jpg

IMG_1730.jpg

IMG_1720.jpg

IMG_1734.jpg

Last edited:

TeunM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Beautiful pictures! I'm going to be a little bold here but could you perhaps shine some light on in what part of the camebridgeshire this area is located? I'm going to England for a week august 2019 and i'm trying to figure out some preserved locations throughout the country.

Hope to hear from you,
TeunM

Found it! thanks! :)

Last edited:

A man called Martyn

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Its GPSS Sawtry, which supplied RAF Alconbury with aviation fuel. its also built on the site of a WW2 prison of war camp

Stingray7

28DL Member
28DL Member
Its GPSS Sawtry, which supplied RAF Alconbury with aviation fuel. its also built on the site of a WW2 prison of war camp

I visited this station today as its not far from me, on arrival we saw that there was two big 360° security camera boxes stationed at the front gate on tripods. Never seen these types of cameras before, they was painted like a police car. They looked like a serious bit of kit. Just wondering if you encounted them on your visit.

We still made it in but had to make our visit a quick one and trying to avoid the cameras. The station is quite a good explore but as mentioned above it's a shame the underground bits are flooded.
There's not a great deal there to see in comparison to other explores we've been on. But definitely pleased we went.

Thanks for sharing your visit and a heads up to any future explorer's, be mindful of the cameras.

explorationnoob

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I visited this station today as its not far from me, on arrival we saw that there was two big 360° security camera boxes stationed at the front gate on tripods. Never seen these types of cameras before, they was painted like a police car. They looked like a serious bit of kit. Just wondering if you encounted them on your visit.

We still made it in but had to make our visit a quick one and trying to avoid the cameras. The station is quite a good explore but as mentioned above it's a shame the underground bits are flooded.
There's not a great deal there to see in comparison to other explores we've been on. But definitely pleased we went.

Thanks for sharing your visit and a heads up to any future explorer's, be mindful of the cameras.
Hi bud cant honestly say i had noticed them but from other explorers i had heard they have upped the security down there so im not to sure.

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
When I swung passed the other day it was still easy as pie even with the daleks. Just leave those buildings till last and bugger off when the Irishman shouts at you. More to see than what's on alot of reports too.

tigger

mog
Regular User
Thats a cool spot, not seen it before. Looks like the one that was in Islip but smaller in scale.

Broadly the same. Both were Aviation Fuel Distribution Depots. Islip was wartime build with post-WW2 addition of another 3000 gallons of storage. Islip could also handle receipt and discharge of fuel to rail tankers as well as road. Sawtry was post WW2 and never had a rail spur. Both were connected to the pipeline system - Islip via the Tetworth Pumping Station and Sawtry direct.

explorationnoob

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
When I swung passed the other day it was still easy as pie even with the daleks. Just leave those buildings till last and bugger off when the Irishman shouts at you. More to see than what's on alot of reports too.
I go past there each day to work see a big pickup truck and a couple of cars so just stayed well away since and yeah we did go in the units down the bottom as they were prized open im guessing to strip the wiring that was inside but the amount of storage crates there is crazy

Who has read this thread (Total: 439) View details