real time web analytics
Report - - Nechells, Birmingham, Old Bike Factory, 1899 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Nechells, Birmingham, Old Bike Factory, 1899

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Rosary_Boy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
still standing just about cant see it lasting much longer but got few photos after jumping the fence etc, Enjoy
DSC05116JPG.jpg
DSC05137JPG.jpg
DSC05140JPG.jpg
DSC05141JPG.jpg
DSC05142JPG.jpg
DSC05143JPG.jpg
DSC05158JPG.jpg
DSC05161JPG.jpg
DSC05165JPG.jpg
DSC05166JPG.jpg
DSC05166JPG.jpg
DSC05172JPG.jpg
DSC05176JPG.jpg
DSC05181JPG.jpg
DSC05184JPG.jpg

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
It was the Belmont works originally. Sad to see it like that now, it was virtually mint when we did it years ago.

It's also not in Nechells, though I'm not sure where it "was" historically. It's in modern day 'Eastside' now so I'd suggest Deritend is more accurate.

Rosary_Boy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It was the Belmont works originally. Sad to see it like that now, it was virtually mint when we did it years ago.

It's also not in Nechells, though I'm not sure where it "was" historically. It's in modern day 'Eastside' now so I'd suggest Deritend is more accurate.
Comes under Nechells mate B7, Deritend is towards Birmingham city Fc as am from round there ;)

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
No way would I have classed that as Nechells! I'm interested to understand where the devide was!

Try the flour mill if your a local lad, that used to be a decent mooch.

chills

Queller of the uprising
No way would I have classed that as Nechells! I'm interested to understand where the devide was!

Try the flour mill if your a local lad, that used to be a decent mooch.

There's a weird divide across Birmingham, I wouldn't of thought it was Nechells either! Definitely Eastside/Aston Uni side of the city though!

A flour mill seems interesting though, one I may have to follow up!

Rosary_Boy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There's a weird divide across Birmingham, I wouldn't of thought it was Nechells either! Definitely Eastside/Aston Uni side of the city though!

A flour mill seems interesting though, one I may have to follow up!
comes under B7 and it is on end of Nechells, could be citycentre

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Flour mill was called Lallians, search for that there are plenty of reports.

It's in the area I think of as Nechells!

chills

Queller of the uprising
Flour mill was called Lallians, search for that there are plenty of reports.

It's in the area I think of as Nechells!

I looked at this a few months ago but a company has set up next door next using the yard so I'm unsure if it's still accessible, when I last went, I couldn't see an entrance in without walking into their yard and being seen. They now use the old mill as storage for pallets I believe on the higher floors. Worth a try though I suppose but I can't say how much original features/machinery will be left?

UpTheSuction

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hope the neck ache you must have got from taking the pics wasn't as bad as the one i've got from looking at them......joking aside I liked the pics very much, a lovely old industrial site.

Who has read this thread (Total: 388) View details