real time web analytics
Report - - New Palace Theatre, Plymouth – July 2011 | Theatres and Cinemas | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - New Palace Theatre, Plymouth – July 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

END-PROC

Delta Infiltration
28DL Full Member
Although this place has been done before, I shall briefly outline the history:

The New Palace Theatre first opened in 1898 to host music concerts as well as theatricals. In 1961 it was adapted to be used as a Bingo hall while still putting on the occasional show. It was last refurbished as a theatre in 1978. However, in 1982 the Theatre Royal opened putting the New Palace out of business in 1983. It was then converted into a night club named the Academy and later changed its name again to the Dance Academy due to change of ownership.
It was raided by police in 2006 because of all the drug dealings and stuff :rolleyes:

The New Palace Theatre is a building that has always grabbed my full attention when passing by. It’s a beautifully grand building that’s survived world war II but certainly sad to see it left to rot and fall to pieces.

Ive always wanted to get inside the place and after a snoop around on a sunny afternoon I found a full-proof way in! My heart was pounding and I had the biggest smile on my face! But I didn't want to do it alone so after a post in the leads/rumours section.. a few emails, phone calls, I got a couple other local explorers interested and I made new friends! Pretty good for a newbie .. eh? :)

We met at a nearby pub for a couple pints on a quiet Sunday night and the rest is history!

Explored with CrazyJ, Timmy, Strokesboy21 and 2 others (not members of 28DL)

Im a bit of a noob when it comes to photography and I was still getting to grips with using my Sony Cybershot camera so some of the pictures were shot in 200 ISO.. so you'll have to excuse the slight grain to the images, sorry :p

002.jpg

006.jpg

012.jpg

014.jpg

Some of the old theatre decor
015.jpg

One of the bars
022.jpg

Somebody didn't finish their drink
025.jpg

Dj booth
023.jpg

I wander whats up this big scary ladder..
011.jpg

... the flies! Where a lot of things still remain from its days as a theatre..
016-2.jpg

015-2.jpg

014-2.jpg

The phantom condom machine!! The lights on the machine earily flicker despite there being no power to the building for years! :eek:
033.jpg

034.jpg

Huge speakers and a bed in the ‘chill-out room’ .. just like my bedroom!
039.jpg

An old elevator shaft, I would have climbed inside if there wasn’t inch deep of pigeon poop on the floor
009-2.jpg

The upper level flat and offices
050.jpg

Lets grab a snack from the fridge!
048.jpg

Lurpak anyone??
049.jpg

079.jpg

082.jpg

Last edited:

crazyjonhere

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Whats happened to this place these days?
Its being slowly saved by a charity called Go Palace the place is open to the public daily for tours but you are regulated to where you can go as the place is in a bit of a mess these days Don't bother going near the place any other time its alarmed up to the max and cammed up with the latest cctv cameras on the market these days