real time web analytics
Newbie from Wisbech, Cambs 17/07/22 | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Newbie from Wisbech, Cambs 17/07/22

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Fearny

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi all,

Just introducing myself, I'm Luke and live in Wisbech, Cambridgeshire. Originally from King's Lynn, Norfolk. 31 years old. with partner and 3 kids (all boys, 1, 6 & 8). Haven't been on any explores yet however I'm planning on getting on my bike over the summer and going for an explore around the local area. I work 4 on 4 off days, so have 4 days off most weeks but can be tied down at times looking after little one.

Types of places I am interested in are derelict churches & chapels, cinemas, theatres, factories, shopping centres & disused railways. I especially have an interest in art deco interiors.

There is a fair bit of history within the factory I work in also as it was part of an RAF base on the borders of Thetford (Suffolk) and was an aircraft hangar, of which the old steel girders are still visible in the roof space (I have access as I am a manager so may get some photos next time I'm up there).

Thanks for having me :)

AlternativeAdventuring

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey.

Lots your way you can get stuck into for sure if you've not explored yet!

I'm sure the community would be interested in seeing the factory you are talking about too so do share if you can, some of us do enjoy something a bit different/different takes on places!

KPUrban_

Surprisingly Unsurprising
Regular User
Hello and welcome. Nice to see another from Cambridgeshire, plenty of RAF and Railway stuff around the surrounding area although that's about it.

Fearny

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for the welcome guys. I'll get some pictures as soon as I can, I think I would have died of heat exhaustion up there yesterday!

KyroRetnik

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for the welcome guys. I'll get some pictures as soon as I can, I think I would have died of heat exhaustion up there yesterday!

Get an Excel bus into Lynn, there's an abandoned boat at Boal Quay that's worth a quick explore. Nothing special but it's something for you. I'm out Fakenham way so I can give you a few locations if you like?

Fearny

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Get an Excel bus into Lynn, there's an abandoned boat at Boal Quay that's worth a quick explore. Nothing special but it's something for you. I'm out Fakenham way so I can give you a few locations if you like?
Cheers, I'll have to check it out. Times I've been in Lynn and never knew about this! That would be good thanks mate and I'll check them out. Cheers