real time web analytics
Night Photography | Photo Threads | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Night Photography

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

flip

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
i import my pictures through bridge into photoshop then stack them into a smart layer which then selects the brightest pixels from each image. if you want to try it, google 'stacking star trails' as theres loads of tutorials :thumb

Horus

Butt Wipe
28DL Full Member
some great shots there, bit advanced for me yet iv only just learnt how to switch the camera on :P

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
foggybridge.jpg

minstertrails.jpg

BBCtrails.jpg

Methylparaben

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
i import my pictures through bridge into photoshop then stack them into a smart layer which then selects the brightest pixels from each image. if you want to try it, google 'stacking star trails' as theres loads of tutorials :thumb

ok thanks, i'll have a go tonight

Methylparaben

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
got the startrails program, thanks, it's pretty good with some pic's i had taken before but i'll have a go again in a bit

Brick_Man

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
damn, forgot about this thread.
Cold nights = clear = freezing my ass off waiting for canON to noise reduction for 11minutes

Bunk3r

28DL Memb3r
28DL Full Member
Cold nights = clear = freezing my ass off waiting for canON to noise reduction for 11minutes
Turn the Long exposure (dark frame subtraction) noise reduction off. Then at your convenience, in between taking pictures or walking back to the car etc, put the lens cap on minimise the aperture keep the end dark and take your dark frame(s).When you get home subtract the darkframe in photoshop, simplez. I wish the camera would show you the image captured whilst its doing the dark frame NR at least then you would know if it was worth waiting for (does anyone have a camera that does that?), but yeah I just do it manually these days, saves waiting inbetween shots.

(if my reply makes no sense look how "dark frame subtraction" (which is what is used for the long exposure noise reduction) is done and it should be apparent how you can do it manually as long as you know how to add the dark frame as a layer in photoshop/gimp then subtract it).

Last edited:

Bunk3r

28DL Memb3r
28DL Full Member
I had another trip out in the cold last night, I need to get out into the sticks so theres not as much light pollution (and it was cloudy) so i can do some star trails. This was 139 seconds (which is small for this thread lol), note the train trail in the bottom left:
5213854283_1f856dab75.jpg

J4M35_UK

MEDOTDOOTC
28DL Full Member
Nice work Bunk3r, here's a few from the last few nights:

5209922845_51061e0e0b.jpg

And finally a 1,890 second stack:

5212945690_960ee14a5a.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 319) View details